Questions regarding with EAS (Educational Access Scheme) (1 Viewer)

nilynily

HSC
Hi,

I previously posted this in a different section but no reply yet....

so I got an ATAR of 88.9 and filled out the EAS (Educational Access Scheme) due to doing Distance Education during year 12, with this 5 extra bonus ATAR points I will be able to do Eco at UNSW. However, in the eligibility letter which I received from UAC, it stated that UNSW, UNSYD, MACQ and USW don't accept EAS. This is kind of disappointing...

so do any of you know if I'm still be able to get into UNSW, and also does EAS fall under the Broadway Scheme in USYD?

thx guys

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I would honestly like to know something about the EAS at Griffith University. (not the bonus points for doing certain courses such as maths or LOTE). No-one seems to know anything and people I've spoken to have just told me crap.

ajdlinux: I hope you might know something.

nilynily

HSC
I would honestly like to know something about the EAS at Griffith University. (not the bonus points for doing certain courses such as maths or LOTE). No-one seems to know anything and people I've spoken to have just told me crap.

ajdlinux: I hope you might know something.
did Griffith Uni also fall under the 'no'category?

yeah i hope people with EAS info can comment on this and at least settle our state of mind :S

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
i'm pretty sure that if you received your letter and your eligibility was "no" for certain universities, it means that what you applied for does not qualify as significant enough of a disadvantage for those particular unis to consider you under their own particular eas schemes [access for unsw, broadway for usyd, etc]. in the letter that i received, my eligibility was yes for all unis [including griffith].

and they don't necessarily give the entire 5 bonus points/whatever that particular uni has. generally they award you points depending on the severity of your situation.

nilynily

HSC
i'm pretty sure that if you received your letter and your eligibility was "no" for certain universities, it means that what you applied for does not qualify as significant enough of a disadvantage for those particular unis to consider you under their own particular eas schemes [access for unsw, broadway for usyd, etc]. in the letter that i received, my eligibility was yes for all unis [including griffith].

and they don't necessarily give the entire 5 bonus points/whatever that particular uni has. generally they award you points depending on the severity of your situation.
OMG! Are you serious? That's a down for me today :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)