Questions: US recognition / motivation (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey all,

I'm only in year 11, but I have recently developed a keen interest in studying Law at uni when the time comes. I just had some questions, that I hope some of the people studying Law on BoS would be able to answer for me. I was just wondering, when students graduate, will their degress be recognised in America? Also, would first year graduate be able to secure jobs in America? Or would they need some sort of experience, before law firms would consider hiring them? Finally, what drives you to keep on hittiing the books each day and night?

Thanks for the replies.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Re: Questions: US recognition, motivation

I kinda answered your first question in the other thread on overseas opportunities.

As for the second one regarding motivation: my natural interest in the subject motivates me to study. That held true last semester, because I really enjoyed Foundations, but isn't turning out to be the case this semester with Torts. In my very limited experience, not every subject you encounter will be thrilling. But you trudge through them, in the hope that next semester you'll be in your element. Another thing that motivates me is a bad mark. When I get hammered in a quiz, I sort of make a pact with myself to nail the next assessment. Not the most ideal of motivating forces, but it works.

HSC
Re: Questions: US recognition, motivation

c_james said:
I kinda answered your first question in the other thread on overseas opportunities.

As for the second one regarding motivation: my natural interest in the subject motivates me to study. That held true last semester, because I really enjoyed Foundations, but isn't turning out to be the case this semester with Torts. In my very limited experience, not every subject you encounter will be thrilling. But you trudge through them, in the hope that next semester you'll be in your element. Another thing that motivates me is a bad mark. When I get hammered in a quiz, I sort of make a pact with myself to nail the next assessment. Not the most ideal of motivating forces, but it works.
haha, yes thanks for your reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)