questions (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hey everyone

i have a couple of questions.
firstly regarding an accounting major, what is the expected level of maths ( i only did general, would that satisfactory), how much maths is in the course and does the level of maths differ from uni to uni.

another thing is that i would like to major either marketing, managment or human rescource with accounting as a back up. could you please give me some advice regariding which of these majors (or if you would like to recommend any) would be the interesting and also the amount of job prospects.

ps im not the greatest mathematician out there ;)

thankssss

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Accounting and you're not good at Maths?

They crunch numbers all day.

I think you need 2 unit so you probably need to do a bridging course.

akqjt

HSC
Accounting and you're not good at Maths?

They crunch numbers all day.

I think you need 2 unit so you probably need to do a bridging course.
Stfu

You only need basic operations and algebra (e.g. x + 3 = 7) for accounting. It's basically a logical process and once you 'get' the process it will be easy.

angel18

HSC
N/A
Besides nowadays with technology and everything, math skills is kinda a thing of the past esp where accounting is concerned... forget crunching numbers, programs have replaced the old fashioned paper, pencil and calculator ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, having worked in Accounting the past 4 years I find myself relying on acalculator or excel for even basic things I would have done in my head at high school

Nevertheless as someone said below, you'd probably have to do a bridging course as there are a couple of maths subjects with 2U assumed knowledge (QMA and QMB from memory at UNSW)

Last edited:

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Being good with maths certainly does help - HSC economics I believe helped more though in terms of having an understanding of equilibriums and some business topics.

To be super-good accounting though its a matter of knowing the legal stuff I believe though - I think thats how they differentiated between a HD and a D in my exam anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)