• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Quick ATAR estimate and opinions please (1 Viewer)

unity-

HSC
i do: with rankings!
Standard english (10/210) 60%
Physics (32/51) 51%
Chem (3/47)96%
Math extension 1 (gonna do maths extension 2 in year 12) (2/80) 97%
Economics (8/12) <--- lol... 60%
Legal Studies (10/12) <--- lol....59%

im gonna drop legal, and keep eco for a backup.

rankings of my school: 250 - 300.

can someone please give me a nice ATAR estimate. :D

how can i improve, rank wise. from what rank to what rank that will benefit my subject scaling.

my aim is 96+

i love maths, chem and eco. i fked up in the physics halfyearly... :(

HSC
If you're in yr11...you better pull your socks up for a 96!!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You're going have to pull them up for a 96+ in yr 12. But luckily, you're already doing very well in maths and chem.

To improve, that's a personal question of what your strengths and weaknesses. But in general, more effort and smart study (doing what you need to improve is the key).

unity-

HSC
You're going have to pull them up for a 96+ in yr 12. But luckily, you're already doing very well in maths and chem.

To improve, that's a personal question of what your strengths and weaknesses. But in general, more effort and smart study (doing what you need to improve is the key).
maintaining the marks for chem and maths is something i can do, so i wont worry about them, physics i'll improve.

BUT economics is my backup, so i'll spend the least time on it.

if i get low band 6's in chem phys and maths ext1/2, but a 60-70 in standard english, will i get 96+ because of powerful scaling subjects

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
how can i improve (rank wise), to get a 96 top 5 in each? im already owning in chem and maths.
Well, why are your ranks lower than you want in the others? Do you not spend enough time on them, need to improve your essay writing, work on short answer, work on content memorisation, work on question answering etc. If you can identify what is pulling down your performance, you can rectify it.

unity-

HSC
Well, why are your ranks lower than you want in the others? Do you not spend enough time on them, need to improve your essay writing, work on short answer, work on content memorisation, work on question answering etc. If you can identify what is pulling down your performance, you can rectify it.
i write bad essays, getting gay marks like 8/15

i dont know how to write a proper story, i can get 10/15 MAX

there are no more short asnwers in english anymore
how will english affect my atar if my other subjects i do fully well, like if i get low as hell for english 60-70, how will it affect my atar?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
maintaining the marks for chem and maths is something i can do, so i wont worry about them, physics i'll improve.

BUT economics is my backup, so i'll spend the least time on it.

if i get low band 6's in chem phys and maths ext1/2, but a 60-70 in standard english, will i get 96+ because of powerful scaling subjects
Well yes, they are good scalers but you still need to pull a good English performance, especially as you are doing Standard. Even getting band 6s in your other subs (like 91/92 chem/phys and 90-92 mx 1/mx 2, you'd still be wanting at least mid 70s for Eng. But really I don't encourage you to neglect it as it always counts. Aim for a band 5.

And why keep eco if not dedicate time to it? You aren't going to have a naturally good performance, so why not drop it for time to improve eng if you are confident in maths and chem?

unity-

HSC
Just answered ATAR Q, but you can play with an ATAR calculator.

http://www.hscatarcalculator.com.au/

Well then we need to work on your english then, essays and creatives. And I said short answer more for eco reference, but there are still reading qs in belonging anyway.
ok, i'll aim for band 5 in english, but if i get under 70 its all over :( my atar will be crap and will be under 96...

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I reckon you should be aiming for at the very least top 3 for Standard, due to you having a not spectacularly ranked school + huge cohort + because its Standard.
Im pretty sure top 3 will net you a band 5 at least (depends on externals too, but you need to have a good rank)

unity-

HSC
ok, i'll aim for band 5 in english, but if i get under 70 its all over :( my atar will be crap and will be under 96...
oh and im afraid of not getting a band 6 in physics , what happens if i get 70% for it :(

unity-

HSC
FKKKKKKK

im so not pumped anymore for year12... :(, i just have to pray to god that i will get 80+ for english and at least 75 in physics, 90+ in both maths (highly likely)

its just ENGLISH :( and physics

unity-

HSC
thanks for the help anyways guys, i will strive harder to reach my goal to be a man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)