Quick Networking Question (1 Viewer)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I have a wireless laptop that has the ADSL modem connected to it and is connecting to my router wirelessly. I also have another desktop computer connected to the router via a network cable. Now is it possible for the desktop computer to connect to the wireless computer's internet access when the desktop computer doesn't have a wireless network card installed?

(number of uses of the word 'wireless': 4)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm is the modem and router relatively close together? why dont you just plug the pc into the router and blug the modem into the router then use the laptop wirelessly, it would be a better setup since your more likely to move around with the laptop.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Really? what model brand/model is it. It should have USB i think?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Well the back of my ADSL modem only has a thing for USB connection to the laptop and a phone line coming out.
hmm cant you plug it into your PC then if it has USB? Unless your pc is too far from the phone.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Hmm have I mentioned how I hate networking?
When I use the 'Set up a home or small office network", I get to the end and it unhelpfully says that it cannot complete the network wizard. The only LAN thing I have activated is the wireless adapter and I've disabled my 1394 Net Adapter as well as the Realtek LAN adapter.

Is there anything you guys can do to help cause I've always had trouble setting up these stupid things what with 192.168.0.1 conflicts and other adapters supposedly using it and argh...
I wish there was a 'Force Installation' option.

fatmuscle

HSC
was metioned earlier,

Modem --- USB---> PC
PC ---Eth---> Router
Router---wireless---> Laptop

I've had this setup b4 at my house. it works :)

You'll just have to set the Router settings to static
same with the computers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)