Quick question about UAC preferences... (1 Viewer)

modular

HSC
N/A
Im a mature age student and have no access to a career adviser so thought id ask this...

Regarding preferences, say if i wanted to study subject A with 90% certainty, but put subject B which has a fair higher uai/difficulty just to see if i could get in. If i do actually get into subject B, but decide id rather do A (which would be my second choice), can i just simply turn down my 1st preference ? Or because i put subject B as first preference do i have to take the offer ? Will people who put subject A as first take the spots before me ?

Cheers for the help guys

spence

HSC
modular said:
Im a mature age student and have no access to a career adviser so thought id ask this...

Regarding preferences, say if i wanted to study subject A with 90% certainty, but put subject B which has a fair higher uai/difficulty just to see if i could get in. If i do actually get into subject B, but decide id rather do A (which would be my second choice), can i just simply turn down my 1st preference ? Or because i put subject B as first preference do i have to take the offer ? Will people who put subject A as first take the spots before me ?

Cheers for the help guys
If you get into subject B, you won't get an offer for A in that round. You can change your preferences for other rounds though. But you should put A before B if that's what you think you want to do

X

xeuyrawp

modular said:

Cheers for the help guys
You put the preferences in the order that you want them (preference). You don't put anything in 'just to see if you get in', etc.

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
Why do you have to put it down as a preference to see if you'd make it in? Why not just compare your UAI with the cutoff mark?

HSC
modular said:
As others have said, don't put a preference in 'just to see if you'd get in'. If you get the UAI required for subject B, you won't even be considered for A.

But, if you don't meet the requirements for your first preference, others won't be advantaged over you because they have your second preference first. They simply (or in the majority of cases) look at your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)