Quick Question for Those Familiar with Canberra (1 Viewer)

Hercules6

HSC
Hi,

I'm considering moving down to Canberra to study at the ANU next year.
As such, I am hoping to transfer to a Woolworths' store near by. If anyone could tell me what store/s (if any) is/are close (just suburb names with stores) to the ANU Campus I would be most grateful.

Thanks a lot

Will

HSC
Woolies Dickson would be closest to ANU. Then there is Belconnen which is a bit further out.
Then south-side is Woden, Weston Creek and Mawson.
You should probably choose based on how you will get there - Dickson, Belconnen and Woden would be the easiest to get to on public transport but if you have a car you probably wouldnt consider Woden but you would consider Mawson and Weston Creek (for the free parking).
As for transferring - you have to actually make sure they need staff. I'm pretty sure Mawson always needs people (cause I work there). But go check on the vacancies on the website.
g/l with it...

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
blomster said:
Woolies Dickson would be closest to ANU. Then there is Belconnen which is a bit further out.
Then south-side is Woden, Weston Creek and Mawson.
You should probably choose based on how you will get there - Dickson, Belconnen and Woden would be the easiest to get to on public transport but if you have a car you probably wouldnt consider Woden but you would consider Mawson and Weston Creek (for the free parking).
As for transferring - you have to actually make sure they need staff. I'm pretty sure Mawson always needs people (cause I work there). But go check on the vacancies on the website.
g/l with it...
Is your username supposed to be the danish word for flowers or is that just a bizarre coincidence?

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
you have two options.

1. dickson. it's about 7 minutes drive from ANU through northbourne.
2. westfield belconnen . about 10 minutes drive from ANU.

i'd strongly suggest option 2 because you can catch a bus that goes past ANU every 5 minutes, and it's about a 15 minute trip. the dickson bus will probably come every hour or so. that and it's in a shopping mall so it gives you stuff to do unlike dickson which is kinda like a little shopping center you see in suburbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)