HSC
I ACCIDENTLY POSTED UP ON THE CHEMISTRY MARATHON LOL

Using the "Glossary of words":

Discuss means identify issues and provide points for and/or against

My chem teacher says it means: advantages, disadvantages and evaluation

Which is right?

deswa1

HSC
You definitely do not need an evaluation. You should have advantages and disadvantages though generally (depending on the question though).

Having said this, your chem teacher will probs be the one marking your school assessments so even if they're wrong, answer the way they want so you don't lose marks and then do it properly in HSC

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
You definitely do not need an evaluation. You should have advantages and disadvantages though generally (depending on the question though).

Having said this, your chem teacher will probs be the one marking your school assessments so even if they're wrong, answer the way they want so you don't lose marks and then do it properly in HSC
Ok so example:

Discuss the potential of cellulose as a raw material in the production of petrochemicals

how would i structure it?
1. Identify issue- pouints for and/or against

OR

2. Advatanges and disdavantages only

Bobbo1

HSC
Ok so example:

Discuss the potential of cellulose as a raw material in the production of petrochemicals

how would i structure it?
1. Identify issue- pouints for and/or against

OR

2. Advatanges and disdavantages only
Draw up a table with advantages and disadvantages then begin listing your points, i.e. Advantages for why cellulose can serve as a raw material in the production of petrochemicals and vice-versa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)