Quick Study Help Please (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Okay, test tomorrow morning at 9 (ext. eng), and I was just wondering how other people cram effectively? That is, what exactly do you do? I know that people study differently, but considering I only have 12 hours, I just need advice. I find that writing notes is pretty good, but is taking me forever and even if I stay awake all night I won't have the time to write notes AND study them. So, are there any other good ways. For a two hour exam in the morning, my body can run on between 3 and 4 hours sleep, so basically, I have about 4 or 5 hours study between now and bed. Please help. Any suggestions are muchly appreciated.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
summarise your notes. for english just sit there and rewrite quotes or watever, make sure you know ur thesis and structure of any possible essays well. have all the key points cemented into ur head.

go through reading ur notes and highlight. then go through again and underline key words and phrases. this way you wont need to re-write everything and you'll still be able to get through everything :)

good luck! :D

HSC
Is it your trial ext eng exam? Ick. Good luck.

I would suggest writing out a structure and memorising it. Don't bother with an intro and conclusion because you can easily mould one during the exam depending on the question you're given.

Focus on the body and the links between your texts. Personally, I have to write notes, but if you can get away with just highlighting and memorising that way, then that's fine. Read and reread, over and over. Form a story to remember your structure, anything to imprint it in your head.

Don't try to cram everything into your head, only the most important things you think you will need. You will have to make do with what you know. Better than mind blanking and not knowing anything. So choose a few points to discuss.

Memorise a few good quotes. Not ones that are too long.

Also, I find reading your points out loud makes you remember them faster, though I'm not sure people sleeping would appreciate it lol.

Don't sleep too late or you'll be too tired to remember what you learnt. But if you can go on 3-4 hours a night, then that's fine.

Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)