Quoting "real" literature/songs/films (1 Viewer)

FridayEvening

HSC
In our Extension 2 major works, are we permitted to include quotes from novels, films, songs and the like? I was considering opening each act/chapter/subdivision with a relevant/clever/insightful quote, but I'm not sure if that's allowed.

I mean, if it's not okay then it isn't the end of the world, I was thinking of including quotes more as flourishes than as key parts of the major work.

Any answers anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

jimmayyy

HSC
im sick of reading major works with half page of footnotes EVERY SINGLE PAGE. if you use a quote in a creative way, give it its own page, source and reference it on the spot then get back to writing. having to constantly check footnotes is lame and annoying.

/my 2 cents

but yeah im with you fridayevening, i use a quote from something (songs, stories, essays, speeches, poems) to start each section of my thing.

my reflection statement starts with my all time favourite quote by william faulkener -

"an artist is a creature driven by demons. he doesnt know why they chose him, and he is often too busy to find out"

Emph

HSC
hell yeah you can use other quotes! my major word had a tonne of them because well i cant be bothered to explain but they were there.

and i used endnotes instead of footnotes because footnotes annoy me. but whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)