R.I.P Proof (of D12) (1 Viewer)

c-town

HSC
What a shock. I always thought he was the best lyrical member of D12. "They say that the good die young"

R.I.P

iwannarock

HSC
shit

i was never a big fan of d12, but i still seemed to like proof out of all of them.

damn that video they did is weird to watch now.

rip.

robbie1

HSC
Suspect In Proof Slaying Turns Himself In
04.12.2006 5:53 PM EDT

Mario Etheridge is a bouncer at the club where the fatal shooting occurred.
Proof fans gather around a makeshift memorial at the CCC Nightclub
Photo: Bill Pugliano /Getty Images

DETROIT — A suspect in the slaying of D12 rapper Proof turned himself in Wednesday afternoon (April 12).

Mario Etheridge, a 28-year-old bouncer at the CCC Club, where the shooting occurred, is now in custody, according to the Detroit Police Department.

Authorities have not released any more details but said Tuesday that several witnesses had pointed to Etheridge and that once police started to make contact, he turned himself in. A warrant is currently being filed for his arrest.

Police said Wednesday that evidence indicates Proof shot first and then suffered a gunshot wound to the head around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday (see "Details In Proof Shooting Emerge As Police, Second Victim's Family Speak Out"). He was pronounced dead on arrival at St. John Holy Cross Hospital

Another victim, 35-year-old Detroit resident Keith Bender Jr., also sustained a gunshot to the head and remains in critical condition at St. John Hospital and Medical Center.

Outside the precinct where Etheridge is being held, his lawyer, Randall Upshaw, said that his client "has done nothing wrong, and I'm confident the facts will come out."

Upshaw said Etheridge is cousins with Bender, and added that the latter is on life support and has suffered brain damage. He said the focus of the investigation should be on Proof, not Etheridge.

The CCC Club is located along Detroit's East Eight Mile Road. A makeshift memorial was set up there Tuesday to pay tribute to Proof, a founding member of D12 (see "Proof: 'Eminem's Best Friend' And A Vital Member Of Detroit's Hip-Hop Scene").

— Corey Moss, with additional reporting by Shaheem Reid

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1528549/04122006/proof_of_d_12.jhtml?headlines=true

OneManArmy

HSC
i was so shocked when i first saw it on d12world...i couldn't believe it...it's a shame that the talented ones die at an early age...he was one cool guy too...always living life to the fullest, interacting with fans and shit...and he just got a major label deal for his label, making peace with his enemies, etc...it's too bad he had to go...he was my favourite rapper [he got me into rap in the first place]...

robbie1 said:
Good Die Young by D12 is an appropriate song to listen to right now
i think his song Kurt Kobain is more appropriate for this situation...

what's really weird is that its seems like he knew this would happen soon...ALOT of his songs SOMEHOW mention his death this year or dying in a club or even his FINAL SONG he recorded...the chorus went something like "you can kill me, but you can't kill my music...My sprit will live on, i'll always be a legend through my music"...

it's hella ironic...R.I.P.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Absolutely shocking news, couldnt beleive it when i first heard it. It was splashed all over ninemsn news and thats wen i knew it was full real - still cant really comprehend it. A life taken over sum bullshit club altercation? I mean come on - someones life must be worth more then that.

I remember 1st hearing proof spit on "Under the influence" (MMLP was the 1st cd i ever bought), then onto "devils nite" where he laid a mean and ill verse on "revelation" about his hardships growing up.

Between rapping, battling, being a hypeman, making D12, hosting battles at the hip hop shop back in the day, he did alot for rap in the D.

One of the most outstanding memories for me was at the D12 concert (with hip hop hooray) in 2003, he came out wearing an Aussie cubra hat shouting "what the fuk is up sydney?"... also on the anger management tour dvd, which shows him always laughing, being dumb, freesyling and having a good time - theres this bit which made me crack up so bad - hes staring into the camera saying "why u always gotta follow me? u know ur girl wanan swallow me"... "check my dance" (then he does this full funny dance that always makes me crack up) .... and wen he danced at the end of a live performance of "my band" with D12 chanting "go proof.... go proof ..." around him...

R.I.P. Proof - hopefully hell see Bugz up there....

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
its just wierd that one of his apparant best and closest friends passes away and then proof dies.

anyway the bouncer is on life support and not expected to live

proof shot bouncer, another bouncer shot proof (2 times in the head 2 times in the chest) thats the apparant story.

darek_arsenal

HSC
If anyone would like to know, Proof isnt actually tha victim:

On April 11, 2006, Proof suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head at approximately 4:30am EDT (08:30 UTC) after allegedly murdering Keith Bender Jr. Proof allegedly fired the first shots at Bender following an argument over a game of billiards at the CCC Club on 8 Mile Road in Detroit, Michigan. He was allegedly shot by Mario Etheridge, Keith Bender Jr.'s cousin, who was working as a bouncer at the club.

robbie1

HSC
darek_arsenal said:
If anyone would like to know, Proof isnt actually tha victim:

On April 11, 2006, Proof suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head at approximately 4:30am EDT (08:30 UTC) after allegedly murdering Keith Bender Jr. Proof allegedly fired the first shots at Bender following an argument over a game of billiards at the CCC Club on 8 Mile Road in Detroit, Michigan. He was allegedly shot by Mario Etheridge, Keith Bender Jr.'s cousin, who was working as a bouncer at the club.
allegedly, allegedly, allegedly....shut the fuck up unless you were there and saw it for yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)