r u game? (1 Viewer)

arrested development
HSC
Red lipstick is ace! It depends what you wear it with though; teamed with minimal clothing it can look super slutty. Also, please no heavy eye make-up if you're going to do red lips. That's horrendous.

And it can look hot on some guys, case in point: Robert Smith. :uhhuh:

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
i think red lipstick looks absolutely friggen hot and i disagree... i think it looks hot on pale caucasian girls... they have to be wearing a dress though, it looks wrong if your not wearing girly stuff

i also think it looks absolutely whorish on asians
I disagree here ;)

I've got a red lipstick at home that I LOVE. Haven't had the guts to wear it outside yet, but it does actually look good - I swear!

The trick is in finding the RIGHT shade of red. The one I've got is a really rich red, with more of a slight brown undertone than that really "bright red" seen on celebs. It's also matte - not really sure how much of an effect that has.

For really light-skinned asians though, I think it can still look good but they'd probably need to wear decent colour on the rest of their face as well. Caucasian girls can get away with "just" red lippie... we can't! :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yeah, the shade of red

man are you guys hostile.

i think i look fabulous thank you...

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
awww

ur juz jeaaaaaalllouusss
jealous of what? i have very fair skin, and i'm happy with that thanks.

it's nice you have so much confidence though! :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
<33 red lippy!
steph@nie posted a pic of herself with it a while ago, it was hawt

and yes, it can look gorgeous on anyone. my friend has the palest skin and the red is just so striking.

i use one from benefit, i love it!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
tanned girls with lipstick

last one is asian, all don't look particularly whorish

im sorry im just offended a little

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
none of the first three are wearing red lipstick :confused:

also, i don't know if yr post was directed at me or not, but i didn't say anything about it looking whorish.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
none of the first three are wearing red lipstick :confused:
yes they are. just coz its not retina burning bright red, doesnt mean its not red lipstick.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i guess the first one is a sort of pinky-red, but the other two definitely aren't. they're like brown.

HSC
Shell said:
yes they are. just coz its not retina burning bright red, doesnt mean its not red lipstick.
But isn't the thread about brightish red lipsticks? Don't a lot of lipsticks have at least a hint of red in them? And I agree that the second and third aren't exactly what I'd call properly red, only the last one is what I'd called red, the rest have different levels of red but I don't think they can be called just red lipstick

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Trippendicular said:
But isn't the thread about brightish red lipsticks? Don't a lot of lipsticks have at least a hint of red in them? And I agree that the second and third aren't exactly what I'd call properly red, only the last one is what I'd called red, the rest have different levels of red but I don't think they can be called just red lipstick
but the thread starter wrote:

thread starter said:
just wondering wat ppl of both sexs think about red lipstick on girls??? and r any of the girls here brave enough to wear it during the day......
discuss
i don't feel this thread is a discussion on what the colour "red" actually means. If you want to be severely technical about it, red is more of an umbrella term of certain shades.

It's like arguing that the sky isnt blue, but in fact light blue - because you've got the perception of royal blue in your head. But blue is an umbrella term....

When you buy lipstick, there is rarely a shade simply called "red" and the brand recognises that there are several shades.

Anywho, the point of the pictures was in reference to the two people who thought asians with lipstick look whorish, and that it looks crap on tanned skin. They're entitled to their opinion, but it's just my retaliation, and pictures are always nice in a thread....:)

Last edited:

katy-g

HSC
Generally, i normally stick to dark maroons or browns. Im fairly fair so the red really is a distinctive contrast. However, there are some real beauties who are fair and can get away with wearing red lipstick, ie Gwen Stefani...

I am not as fortunate. So i stick to my earthy colours and a nice shiny gloss.

The only time i generally wear red lipstick is when im performing.

the truth

HSC
haha from the title "r u game?" i thought this thread was about sports clothes hmm... bit off there, red lipstick... i'll tell yah a story my science teacher told the class in yr 10 about red lipstick, apparently the reason why women back in the day (way back in the day im guessin) wore red on their lips was for their lips to represent the female genital region... now i dont know how factual that is but its a story i herd, im deeply sorry if you dont look at red lipstick the same way agen....... ahh i dno im a guy dont blame me

monzi

HSC
I always wear red lipstick since I do have pale skin. I wear it to uni as well, I don't care it makes me feel confident and happy. I don't put it on fully though, i'll smudge it abit and blend. I always wear it with the right top/jeans combo, or a girly dress. Like someone said before minimal clothing with red lipstick is a fashion mistake. But I guess you can wear it with what you like, as long as it makes you happy. When I do wear it, I use nude eyeshadow etc to make it appear natural.

If you have heavy eye makeup keep the lips nude, heavy lips keep the eyes nude and so forth.

ladyknight

HSC
the truth said:
haha from the title "r u game?" i thought this thread was about sports clothes hmm... bit off there, red lipstick... i'll tell yah a story my science teacher told the class in yr 10 about red lipstick, apparently the reason why women back in the day (way back in the day im guessin) wore red on their lips was for their lips to represent the female genital region... now i dont know how factual that is but its a story i herd, im deeply sorry if you dont look at red lipstick the same way agen....... ahh i dno im a guy dont blame me
Of course!, and not only 'back in the day'- the red from lipstick simulates female genitalia, the shiny gloss simulates genital secretion, and candlelit dinners are 'romantic' because the low light level dilutes pupils and simulates 'pleasure-glazed' eyes during sex.

Tehehehe... its so funny to see children dress 'fasionably'...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)