Radio announced some HSC results stats (1 Viewer)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
I was listening to radio earlier and they said that ~98% of ppl doing maths got over 50% and ~95% of ppl doing english got over 50%.
Overall performance has been superior to candidature from 1998 to now.

Is that a good thing?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
1 out of 20 people failed.

the eternal pessimist...

SkAnDi

HSC
Doesn't this just mean the inflation of HSC results will result in relative UAI being lower. Say you get the same results as a candidate last year... you'll have a lower comparable UAI since the students are "Smarter" or have a higher mark in the exams.

It's really only one day of worrying, because you get your UAI the next day anyway :) Just that shit-hot HSC marks... may not equate to a comparably shit-hot UAI!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
yeah there was something like that in the newspaper.

Ive sorted stopped reading about that stuff, until I get my actual UAI...then I'll probably just yank the power cord from the computer and storm out of the house pissed off.

Dammit, I was meant to be in Brisbane when it came out, but no, I have to come back for work.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I thought statistics for this years HSC weren't allowedd to be released until the results came out

jessika

law chicky
HSC
ultimate...you got wednesday's paper? there was some statistics in that.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika
ultimate...you got wednesday's paper? there was some statistics in that.
which paper was that? the advocate? or sydney morning herald?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

hmm, that helps ;)
well I'll take a lucky guess and say the advocate! it prolly was cause, I remember not beig interested in the paper, and SMH has good stuff in it.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

well I'll take a lucky guess and say the advocate! it prolly was cause, I remember not beig interested in the paper, and SMH has good stuff in it.
ok I'll check the advocate

SPX

My BS teacher is the head marker of Business Studies and the average for the report was 8/20 but will be scaled up.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by SPX
My BS teacher is the head marker of Business Studies and the average for the report was 8/20 but will be scaled up.
That's a pretty low average report mark

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm...as Skandi said...if all HSC marks are high - whoopdi doo...good publicity for the BOS and the govt...but the UAI is still a rank, and not everyone can get UAI 90+...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
ultimate: that stuff in the advocate was on the School certificate not the hsc. sorry.

B

Bambul

Well lets see, in 1998 the marks in 2unit subjects like English were always scaled to an average of 60. Now all the BoS has to do is not scale the average at all and give everyone higher marks, et voila! Now you have fewer people getting below 50. So by mearly changing the average, you can prove that todays students are clearly better than yesteryears!

And just remember: the results go up on the internet a few hours before the advertised time. When I was trying to get my UAI at 9:00AM last year a friend told me on ICQ that he had got his at 7:00AM and had no problem getting it because no one else was trying to get it. So don't sleep in, get up early and avoid the traffic!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul

And just remember: the results go up on the internet a few hours before the advertised time. When I was trying to get my UAI at 9:00AM last year a friend told me on ICQ that he had got his at 7:00AM and had no problem getting it because no one else was trying to get it. So don't sleep in, get up early and avoid the traffic!
thanks for that info :)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
ultimate: that stuff in the advocate was on the School certificate not the hsc. sorry.
Yeah it would have to have been the school certificate cause the results are already out.

But statistics regarding this year's HSC and student performance can only be revealed once everyone knows there HSC results.

SkAnDi

HSC
I'm hoping entirely out of self-service and selfishness that i see a headlines saying like

"DUMBEST YEAR... EVER!!!"

Oh, if only i could find my altruistic streak :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)