Radiography without physics (1 Viewer)

bob fossil

HSC
Sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't sure where to ask.

Will i struggle with radiography at uni if I havn't done physics?

kbsb

HSC
I dont think itll matter if u really want to do that. You can always do a briddging course. but theyll let u in anyways..i dont think there are preriquisits in NSW anymore..not sure about this though

Eightyseven87

HSC
My sister just graduated from Usyd radiography course. She didn't do physics in school, nor did she do a bridging course and she did well :)

HSC
Uni Grad
The medical physics option topic is very shallow so it definitely wouldnt be a prerequisite for it.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
As Eightyseven87 said, you'll be fine. A bridging course isn't even needed - pick up a chem/physics text book and just read through the nuclear section. That's pretty much all you learn for the HSC in both courses and it really isn't a lot at all :)

jet

Banned
HSC
I'm planning on doing Adv. Physics subjects in first year without any HSC physics or a bridging course.

You get lectured on the topics and your textbooks help you - it's not like you would just sit there and learn nothing the whole time.

bob fossil

HSC
As Eightyseven87 said, you'll be fine. A bridging course isn't even needed - pick up a chem/physics text book and just read through the nuclear section. That's pretty much all you learn for the HSC in both courses and it really isn't a lot at all :)

I only just dropped chem so i think ill be right =]

NewiJapper

HSC
My mum used to be a lecturer for radiography at UNCLE and from what she has told me the physics is relatively easy to comprehend and understand. There's nothing like quantum physics or anything haha. Just more focuses on how the x-rays and wave lengths work and so forth aswell as your fundamental physics.

EDT: Planning to go to UNCLE? Say hi to mr. buxton for me haha XD

bob fossil

HSC
My mum used to be a lecturer for radiography at UNCLE and from what she has told me the physics is relatively easy to comprehend and understand. There's nothing like quantum physics or anything haha. Just more focuses on how the x-rays and wave lengths work and so forth aswell as your fundamental physics.

EDT: Planning to go to UNCLE? Say hi to mr. buxton for me haha XD
I take it that UNCLE is newy uni, so yeah thats where i plan to go.
I'll say hi for you haha

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Sorry if this is in the wrong place I wasn't sure where to ask.

Will i struggle with radiography at uni if I havn't done physics?
There is only one physics course in radiog at newwy and its physics for the life sciences which assumes no previuos knowledge of physics.

NewiJapper

HSC
Isnt the Bachelor of Radiaton Sciences (Radiography) 91 for newi...? Or is that a similar course, because i remember seeing it in the big book of all the subjects they offered when i went to the open day earlier this yea.

bob fossil

HSC
Isnt the Bachelor of Radiaton Sciences (Radiography) 91 for newi...? Or is that a similar course, because i remember seeing it in the big book of all the subjects they offered when i went to the open day earlier this yea.

Yeah its 91.95 but get 4 credits for going to newy and 4 credits for doing MX2

kcrocks

HSC
Physics is terrible. I guess having a chemical enginner as a teacher with a PhD doesn't really pay off. (Hence its absence from my siggy)

A word of advice: screw physics!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)