• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rail Passes and Hot Water (1 Viewer)

Shawny

alrite
2 questions
1- thsoe rail/travel pass things, those pink/red/green watever color passes, do we just go to the rail box and go "hey i want a pink pass" and get it or?

2- is there hot water tat can cook instant noodles at unsw? thinking of doing cheapo instant noodle once in a while, i think i've seen someoen ask bout hot water somewhere but i can't remember thread, so if u dun mind fill me in again.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
1 - Yes. Make sure you say the time period (weekly) and that you are a student (and show your student card)

2 - Yes. It's in the hidden food court off the Mathews Arcade. Go up to the Mathews building, turn right then turn left into the convience store and your there ...

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Originally posted by Shawny
alrite
2 questions
1- thsoe rail/travel pass things, those pink/red/green watever color passes, do we just go to the rail box and go "hey i want a pink pass" and get it or?

2- is there hot water tat can cook instant noodles at unsw? thinking of doing cheapo instant noodle once in a while, i think i've seen someoen ask bout hot water somewhere but i can't remember thread, so if u dun mind fill me in again.
I get a pink travelpass too:) I felt like such a newb:p no one puts their travelpasses into the green ticket machines...but I did:p

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
alrite
2 questions

1) You can get them at newsagents. Just say, "(insert colour here) concession travelpass please".

gman03

HSC
Originally posted by McLake
2 - Yes. It's in the hidden food court off the Mathews Arcade. Go up to the Mathews building, turn right then turn left into the convience store and your there ...
How much does the hot water cost?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol selling hot water!
at my old high school they charged people $1 for hot water!!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
haha $1 for hot water, wtf!

yeah the hot water at mathews is free, so is the microwave

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
oh, ty. i was just wondering which zones it covered - i always get brown ones :)

nifty03

HSC
lol i bought my yellow weekly on sunday. i sorta forgot at first so i had to buy it from the machine at like 11 pm? it turned out to be just like a normal train ticket (yucky yellowish piece of paper)
maybe i should go earlier to get a better one.
hey i did insert my ticket in that green machine! i am not a noob!!! yay~! :D

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
your suppose to insert it into the green machine for buses....it's the only way the bus people get paid

correct me if i'm wrong...

but i think it's the same system as the free bus and train passes primary and high school kids get

Shawny

is the hot water shit managed?
or is it like a tap machine kinda thing there
and u just go there and use it?
is there long lines and stuff?

coz i mean we're not all rich bastards who can afford 14dolla sandwitches for lunch

sunny

meh.
HSC
Its a tap machine kinda thing. Well, hot water machine kinda thing, like those you might see in cafes. And the two microwaves are sitting on a table next to it.

@lbert3269

coz i mean we're not all rich bastards who can afford 14dolla sandwitches for lunch
Haha.. so true ! :)

What's this travel pass thingy ? Is it one of those 'Travel 10s' that people carry around where they scan the ticket with the green boxy thing on the bus ? I want one cause i usually pay the driver where i see all the seats taken up as the Travel10 people walk right in and take all the good seats.. GRR ! What colour is it from Central to UNSW. What's the cost of the ticket ? Where do we get them from ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by @lbert3269
Haha.. so true ! :)

What's this travel pass thingy ? Is it one of those 'Travel 10s' that people carry around where they scan the ticket with the green boxy thing on the bus ? I want one cause i usually pay the driver where i see all the seats taken up as the Travel10 people walk right in and take all the good seats.. GRR ! What colour is it from Central to UNSW. What's the cost of the ticket ? Where do we get them from ?
Travelpass is an unlimited train/bus/ferry ticket for 7 days. travelten is just 10 trips.
if u are JUST catching a bus from central, its one dip of a BROWN travelpass and it costs about...$8-10 im not sure

lungke

HSC
You get your xxxTravelPass from the ticket seller dude, find out your color Eg Green / Yellow n etc and purchase it.

doink* (sticks a 'L' on forhead)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)