RAM Problem with computer (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Hi BoS,
I've built a new computer (AMD 64 3200+ S-939, 512MB DDR400 RAM, NForce 4 Chipset, 7300GT Video Card), but I'm having the following issues:
- BSOD occurs reasonably often followed by immediate restart (on XP).
- Programs crash when they shouldn't.
- Memory testing program shows errors in my RAM.

The twist here, however, is that I got my RAM replaced today, but it isn't fixed, so it's probably the motherboard. Can someone tell me what kind of error in the motherboard (or otherwise) would cause such problems, and how to test for it?

Thanks <3

WhiteDeth

HSC
Run a memory test again on the new RAM. What test did you run? Also, how long did you run the test for? I ran a test on my laptop's RAM for an entire 12 hours before I decided it was good to go.

Also, if it isnt the RAM stick, it could simply just be hardware conflict. You're in a wild goose chase here. It's hard to say anything without a stop message. Next time you get a BSOD, check to see what the stop message is, paste it here.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
What WhiteDeth said is the best way to go. Make sure your RAM is compatible and you didnt slot it into the wrong slot. And check if your BIOS settings are correct.

gman03

HSC
Generic DDR RAM? Try running your FSB frequency to 333MHz instead of 400Mhz and see if you have a more stable system.

HSC
The BSOD gives a huge variety of error messages, one of them was "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", tested the memory in another computer and it wasn't that, I'll try gman's idea tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also it's Samsung, not generic, but I dunno if that's much better.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I reinstalled windows twice and nothing fixed, I took it back to MSY today and they're having a look at it.

pete_mate

HSC
well what brand of motherbaord is it? if its a MSI or gigabyte id probly get an ASUS and youll be sweet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)