Ramadan 1428 (1 Viewer)

beentherdunthat

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Hahahah I hope that's right because I plan to tell my mate to have a Mubarak day tomorrow (He's islamic) and I hope it doesn't mean "A flat out terrible one where your testicles are impaled by angered dingos."

Because that'd just make me look like an idiot.
lol. No. ;)

But it's better if you just say Ramadan Mubarak, coz no-one says mubarak day lol. :)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey Everyone

Ramadan mubarak to you all:)

aLIS

HSC
^ and to you too sister! :) Ramadan Kareeem

Once again reminding members, if any questions need to be asked about Ramadan, do not hesitate to post em here!

TC (Take Care)

aLIS

HSC
Gosford said:
no muslim brothers here?
Do you mean muslim brothers?
If so, there is Hakz in this thread, i think thats the name

wa assalam alaikum (first 10 days of ramadan almost over! :O )

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye how quick does time go. So far its been going good fasting, how are you'se finding it?

aLIS

HSC
^ May all our fasts be accepted. ameen

The Sermon Given By The Prophet (s.a.w) On The Last Friday Of Sha'ban On The Reception Of The Month of Ramadan.

"O People ! Indeed ahead of you is the blessed month of Allah. A month of blessing, mercy and forgiveness. A month which with Allah is the best of months. Its days, the best of days, its nights, the best of nights, and its hours, the best of hours. It is the month which invites you to be the guests of Allah and invites you to be one of those near to Him. Each breath you take glorifies him; your sleep is worship, your deeds are accepted and your supplications are answered. So, ask Allah, your Lord; to give you a sound body and an enlightened heart so you may be able to fast and recite his book, for only he is unhappy who is devoid of Allah's forgiveness during this great month. Remember the hunger and thirst of the day of Qiyamah (Judgment) with your hunger and thirst; give alms to the needy and poor, honor your old, show kindness to the young ones, maintain relations with your blood relations; guard your tongues, close your eyes to that which is not permissible for your sight, close your ears to that which is forbidden to hear, show compassion to the orphans of people so compassion may be shown to your orphans. Repent to Allah for your sins and raise your hands in dua during these times, for they are the best of times and Allah looks towards his creatures with kindness, replying to them during the hours and granting their needs if he is asked ...

"O People! Indeed your souls are dependant on your deeds, free it with Istighfar (repentance) lighten its loads by long prostrations; and know that Allah swears by his might: That there is no punishment for the one who prays and prostrates and he shall have no fear of the fire on the day when man stands before the Lord of the worlds.

"O People! One who gives Iftaar to a fasting person during this month will be like one who has freed someone and his past sins will be forgiven." Some of the people who were there then asked the Prophet (s): "Not all of us are able to invite those who are fasting?"

The Prophet (s) replied: "Allah gives this reward even if the Iftaar (meal) is a drink of water." "One who has good morals (Akhlaq) during this month will be able to pass the 'Siraat' ... on the day that feet will slip ... "One who covers the faults of others will benefit in that Allah will curb His anger on the day of Judgment ...

"As for one who honors an orphan; Allah will honor him on the day of judgment, "And for the one who spreads his kindness, Allah will spread His mercy over him on the day of Judgment. "As for the one who cuts the ties of relation; Allah will cut His mercy from him ... "Who so ever performs a recommended prayer in this month Allah will keep the fire of Hell away from him ... "Whoever performs an obligator prayer Allah will reward him with seventy prayers [worth] in this month. "And who so ever prays a lot during this month will have his load lightened on the day of measure. "He who recites one verse of the Holy Quran will be given the rewards of reciting the whole Quran during other months. "O People! Indeed during this month the doors of heaven are open, therefore ask Allah not to close them for you; The doors of hell are closed, so ask Allah to keep them closed for you. During this month Shaytan (Satan) is imprisoned so ask your Lord not to let him have power over you."

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Why dont you guys just Fast the month straight.. 30 days, forget about 'small' meals?Wouldnt that been a true representation of starvation? Or is that just too difficult? lol.

Hypocrisy.

Having read some posts in this thread, it no surprise the common justification given for what you do/believe is because of you 'choose to'. But tell me who can justify whether a person is considered sick or not to fast? Who can justify whether a person can afford to make pilgrimage in Mekkah? Isnt it all about convenience? If it is convenient do it, if not dont bother?

IF a religion tells you to do something, that is in Islam the 5 pillars - do you blindly follow it? Do you now think why there are muslims who do not fast? Do you not think why there are people out there that are not Muslims, but fast (in a different manner)? Can you not make choices for yourself?

aLIS

HSC
Why dont you guys just Fast the month straight.. 30 days, forget about 'small' meals?Wouldnt that been a true representation of starvation? Or is that just too difficult?
Hey hotshot! Why dont you give that a try and get back to us (if your still alive)?

Ramadan is a test of patience not 'how fast a person cam die'

Allah is not unjust and does not over burden a soul:
On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear - [Quran 2:286]

AnYWaY: The night of power/ Layatul qadr could be tonight or any odd night thereof. :) A hadith however specifies the 27th if you were to be precise (it remains ambiguous so that worship isnt limited to one night only).

Muslims have spent two-thirds of the month of Ramadan in physical restraint and silent contemplation, and it is in the last third - the last ten days of Ramadan - where the remembrance of God approaches its peak. It is during this time that the practice of fasting and prayer is perfected, and the uninhibited communication between God and His servants takes place. This is the time for the most heartfelt prayers for forgiveness, for deep soul-searching, making amends to friends, and spending freely in charity.

One of the mysteries of this part of the month is Laylat al-Qadr, the Night of Power/Majesty/Destiny (translation varies), which is said to occur on one of the odd numbered days during the last third of the month. It is on this night -- which the Qur'an says is better than 1,000 months -- where sincere prayer wipes one's sins clean. It is also during this period when it is encouraged to spend time in spiritual retreat (i'tikaf in Arabic), praying throughout the night.

A reliable hadith (saying of Prophet Muhammad) explains: "When the last one third of the night remains, our Lord, the Glorious One, descends towards the lower heaven and proclaims: 'Is there anyone supplicating to Me so that I grant his supplication? Is there anyone begging of Me for anything so that I grant him his wish? Is there anyone who seeks My forgiveness so I forgive him?"
--------
Good luck staying up fellow muslims and may Allahu swt reward you all!

wassalam

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
aLIS said:
Hey hotshot! Why dont you give that a try and get back to us (if your still alive)?

Ramadan is a test of patience not 'how fast a person cam die'
A 'test of patience'...lol wtf.

I was asking you, what is point of fasting, when you eat before and after? YOu dont gain shit. In any manner, physcially, mentally or even spiritually - its just lame shit.. that GOD made you do. lol.

aLIS

HSC
^ hmm you sure about that? are you talking from experience? So how many days have you fasted in the past?

I

Insecure Muslim

Do poor people really only starve during the day and pig out at night?

aLIS

HSC
Do poor people really only starve during the day and pig out at night?
huh?

Are we into the days of hellfire yet?
'Protection' of the hellfire, yes we are.. night of power to be most likely tomorrow inshallah :)

SANDRA LIME

HSC
HotShot said:
Why dont you guys just Fast the month straight.. 30 days, forget about 'small' meals?Wouldnt that been a true representation of starvation? Or is that just too difficult? lol.

Hypocrisy.

Having read some posts in this thread, it no surprise the common justification given for what you do/believe is because of you 'choose to'. But tell me who can justify whether a person is considered sick or not to fast? Who can justify whether a person can afford to make pilgrimage in Mekkah? Isnt it all about convenience? If it is convenient do it, if not dont bother?

IF a religion tells you to do something, that is in Islam the 5 pillars - do you blindly follow it? Do you now think why there are muslims who do not fast? Do you not think why there are people out there that are not Muslims, but fast (in a different manner)? Can you not make choices for yourself?

wow leave alis alone and make ur decisions.. Im with you sister all the way!!!!!! YOU GUYS NEED BETTER THINGS 2 DO DURING YOUR FREE TIME ..... KEEP PREACHING ALIS.!!!!!

aLIS

HSC
^^ sandra lime some interestingly humourous posts youve got there! lol :D
^^ Thank you!! Eid is beautiful :) :) Ramadan will be MISSED! :(

Allahu Akbar!! (Did ramadan fly or what?)

Take care y'all!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)