random job (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ok, i really had no idea where to put this. but today i got my hair cut, and the hairdresser was telling me about her bf's new business, only a few weeks old. the accounts were done by the guys, brothers girlfriend. but they broke up coz he cheated on her, and she went completely nuts and ripped up all the book keeping things she'd been doing.

and now this hairdresser chick and her bf have been running around asking everyone they know, if they know how to do the book keeping. and then i told her i was doing accounting at uni.

and then she asked me if i could possibly help her bf out!!! i was like "umm well, ive only done one semester at uni!" and she said "yeah but thats heaps just to know the basics. just to teach him how to start things on his own til he can afford to pay a real accountant"...

it WOULD be great experience. i mean, its only a brand new, tiny business, she pointed out that i cant screw things up more than that nutter chick has already done. which is true. i DO know the basics. i just wouldnt know where to start really.

so.. what do you guys reckon i should do? Give it a go? she said just come into the hairdressers and tell her if i want to do it. i wouldnt want to be paid. its not a big job, and i dont think i know enough to be paid. but what if i screw up?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
LOL. they arent suing the crazy chick. i do not think they'd do that. she knows i know not much. and she was all like "these arent those kind of people. my bf would just be like "give it a shot. just teach me what you know, anything is fixable. nothing is ever as bad as it seems. and you wouldnt stuff up. there havent been many trasactions etc etc coz its only a few weeks old". like i reckon i could do it.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I think Mike Ockisard was saying make them sign something to indemnify YOU from any losses. Good idea... don't know what the laws are about volunteering in accounting (generally it'd not be a problem, but might differ when playing with money). It's unlikely to happen, but a simple procedure to go through to protect yourself.

Other than that, What's holding you back? It'd be good experience, and possibly a useful contact/favour for the future; definetly go for it.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i just wanted to see what other people thought of the idea. i mean... i know hardly anything!!!

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
lol my friend got a random job.

All the way in thredbo to help out in the ski hiring place. While his house is in Sydney, so he had to take a train-ride (i think) then a bus from canberra.

He boards with 3 other guys in the same room and gets $15 an hour full time. (me reckons pay is shit but nice resort)

I wish i'm in thredbo right now much better than doing exams here.

Although i dont wanna be near that tim bailey the ch10 weather dude, he's sorta weird and trolls around the snowies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)