• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Randomness (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
some of the google ads are a bit.... weird...
for example, in a thread in L&R, a guy was asking something about height, and one ad at the bottom was an ebay ad for tall people, and the second ad was about meeting singles and other people that are tall! 'twas funny.
yeah, it isn't perfect yet, i mean it can it read your mind.... yet :D

it is the same case for google news, sometimes totally unrelated news stories and pitures get grouped.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
BreaKing said:
so Laz if we click the same link 20 times, will it register each click as unique?
That doesn't work.
The banner can track your IP address i.e. the address that identifies your computer when you're on the Net. So if you're on dial-up, it might work if you disconnect/reconnect and click again. But if you have cable/ADSL or any connection where the IP doesn't change, then it won't register as a "unique" click and so BOS won't get 5c (or whatever it is).
So you could pretty much click it 100 times right now and BOS will get 5c :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
santaslayer said:
I'm thinking we should click on the ads and allow them to fully load before closing the window? Or do we have to play around and click at random stuff within the advertisment itself?
As soon as you let the page load, then it registers as a "click". In fact, you don't really even have to let it load, just let the window open for a couple of seconds and that should be sufficient.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Meh. Ads are automatically blocked. I WAS wondering about the gigantic white space there, though...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
That doesn't work.
The banner can track your IP address i.e. the address that identifies your computer when you're on the Net. So if you're on dial-up, it might work if you disconnect/reconnect and click again. But if you have cable/ADSL or any connection where the IP doesn't change, then it won't register as a "unique" click and so BOS won't get 5c (or whatever it is).
So you could pretty much click it 100 times right now and BOS will get 5c :)
what about if i click on the same ad every day. will it still count as one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)