Rank + Friendship (1 Viewer)

Thowra

HSC
I really don't mind people above me, as long as they don't start gloating and showing off or running around screaming 'I"M GONNA FAIL I'M GONNA FAIL' while they are toppping the subject.

Bites

HSC
How have you found out your ranks? I don't think my school as told anyone, gay, tbh i'm probably coming like last in everything hahaha.

HSC
Well assessment for my school are over!!! Guess it's time for ppl to hate each other again, or just showing off because they did great! ><'

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well assessment for my school are over!!! Guess it's time for ppl to hate each other again, or just showing off because they did great! ><'
Although mine are... my workload still manages to keep to a steady amount... although I guess it did drop a fair bit! :D

I will leave the rest for the holidays.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just so you know, that was a test to see people's reactions - I don't actually feel that way.
Oh, that's good XD

But I've heard of stories of people actually completely changing in yaer 12 and doing whatever they can to get higher marks =='

iNerd

Banned
HSC
egoist loud and proud
i want first!
but only if i deserve it

especially not those freaks
who come in fluke the test
and come first.
now that I hate.
and if it's friends first, we help each other out

silverpebble

HSC
I'm weird, I would prefer someone else to come first rather than my friend because I wouldn't be as jealous if I wasn't close to them. Luckily I'm a defeatist when it comes to competition so I can huff that I'd rather be seen as lazy than incompetent. :D

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
There are some friends who I wouldn't mind losing to but there are some who I must beat. Nothing wrong with friendly competition, right?

hereyes

HSC
To be completely honest, I have NO problem in someone beating me. Yes, I do want to come first but that's purely because of the sense of achieve I get from it. If I don't deserve it, first place would be meaningless.

BTW, I wouldnt' care who comes first as long as it's fair and square. :)
so true.
I can live with second or whatever rank i get. only time i won't be HAPPY for the person who got 1st is if it was undeserved.
e.g. back in yr 10, this girl read my essay, didn't return it and wrote pretty much the same thing for the exam. :mad1: beaten by 1 mark. ah well, it was back then.

all is forgiven. hm but not 'forgotten'. :)

tku336

HSC
well it depends how close a friend they are, and how much they beat you by.

in modern history, im fine with being beaten by 5 marks, because he obviously deserved it much more.

in eco, coming second by one mark at about 95% and losing more marks than i lost in both essays in the multiple choice? thats just luck in my opinion, and im pissed about it.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Oh, that's good XD

But I've heard of stories of people actually completely changing in yaer 12 and doing whatever they can to get higher marks =='
Yeah, there's a person at my school who planned to be sick so they didn't have to sit the assessment (saying it was a joke) and on the day...guess what? He was sick.

The worst part is my school believed him. Utter bullshit.

xMrRand0m

HSC
Yeah, there's a person at my school who planned to be sick so they didn't have to sit the assessment (saying it was a joke) and on the day...guess what? He was sick.

The worst part is my school believed him. Utter bullshit.
Well he claimed to be sick, and somehow got a "doctor" of some sort to write him a medical certificate, and now that he hasn't sat the exam and has got a "legitimate" excuse, he gets to keep his high ranks whih he got from the past assessment tasks.
I hate people like that, HATE with a passion... well I think we all do, but I just can't get over the fact that our school believed him, even though he practically told the whole grade he was going to miss the exam to keep his rank.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
people who place the subjects they undertake in their signatures are pretentious assholes. What now?
I guess according to you, most of the posters are 'pretentious assholes'.

I dunno if you realised, but this forum is an academic forum. Having subjects in our signatures allows for easier interaction of people with the same courses. Besides, on an education-based forum, it'd be more relevant to have a signature with our subjects then some random shit which has no relevance to anyone, or no signature at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)