Rank in State? (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
if you come like 15th in the state or something....... how do you know? do they like send you a letter? or like tell you next to your results on the net?

Do they even tell you? someone told me. they send out certificates or something to people who came top 100 in each sub

miss-smexy

HSC
haha oh that is so cool if they do.

I am going to get one for ancient history then =D .........

hopefully.....!!! XD

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
yea that would be mad

i want for ancient as well

do u reckon ppl will get 100 in ancient?

i got 99 in my trial dunno if i can do it again though.

miss-smexy

HSC
Without Wings said:
The "Top Achievers in Course" are published (i.e these students are aware of their rank). The top achievers are ranked firstly by their HSC mark and secondly by the average of the examination mark and the moderated assessment awarded for the course. In the case of extension courses, marks awarded for other courses in the subject area are also taken into consideration.

The number of students reported in the Top achievers list is determined by the course candidature.

Course candidature: Maximum number of students reported plus ties
Greater than 10 000: 20
Between 1000 and 10 000: 10
Less than 1000: 5

If you come first in the course you are made aware of this prior to the release of the hsc results and are invited to attend a ceremony.

omigosh... only 20 people will be published for ancient?! -____-"

miss-smexy

HSC
Cookie182 said:
yea that would be mad

i want for ancient as well

do u reckon ppl will get 100 in ancient?

i got 99 in my trial dunno if i can do it again though.
my overall mark for ancient is 99. However, my teacher said if I don't achieve this again in the hsc, it will be scaled down. So the pressure is on =(

Hmm has anyone ever gotton 100 for ancient?! Do the examiners mark relatively easily?

Zephyrio

HSC
The top three in the state for ancient history typically get 100.

williamc

HSC
miss-smexy said:
my overall mark for ancient is 99. However, my teacher said if I don't achieve this again in the hsc, it will be scaled down. So the pressure is on =(

Hmm has anyone ever gotton 100 for ancient?! Do the examiners mark relatively easily?
yer, your whole year would have been a waste if you screw up and get like 90. All those 100% and 99's would have been for nothing.

Pressure is on.

independantz

HSC
williamc said:
yer, your whole year would have been a waste if you screw up and get like 90. All those 100% and 99's would have been for nothing.

Pressure is on.
Lol harsh.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
great my overall for community and family studies is 98, for ancient history its 88 , though i have no bloody idea how you guys are getting 99s in ancient history HOW THE HELL DO YOU REMEMBER ALL THAT CONTENT. nutbags.
i got 85 in my trial for ancient, 96 for community and family studies, damn i'd LOVE to top the state for cafs that'd be awesome. though the thing is i really don't know how hard my school marks, i know they mark hard for some things like english and history but unsure about other subjects.

williamc

HSC
It really doesn't matter, whether you are in the position of them sending in 99 as your assessment mark or 50, aslong as you are ranked first the pressure is the same. Either way, to get a state ranking in any subject you need to go close to full marks, or even get full marks.

beentherdunthat

HSC
I missed out on a state ranking :( ( 8th in the state)

My exam mark was 98 but I got pulled down coz of my assesment to 97. Such torment. :(

ssglain

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
I missed out on a state ranking :( ( 8th in the state)

My exam mark was 98 but I got pulled down coz of my assesment to 97. Such torment. :(
Aww. But your mark is still fantastic! Which subject was this?

HSC
williamc said:

Pressure is on.
yeah that happened to us in physics. first place internal mark was high 90's ended up getting 90 in the exam. everyone elses marks went down too lol.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I don't think you get any type of award for a state ranking other than first unless you count your name will be found on a BOS list....lol

miss-smexy

HSC
how do the top 3 people in ancient all get 100? Does that mean one had a 'better' answer than another? because thats what happened in extension history one year at my school... this guy that got 50/50 was ranked second in state because someone else who got the same mark had a 'better' answer. -__- they might as well give 110%.

HSC
miss-smexy said:
how do the top 3 people in ancient all get 100? Does that mean one had a 'better' answer than another? because thats what happened in extension history one year at my school... this guy that got 50/50 was ranked second in state because someone else who got the same mark had a 'better' answer. -__- they might as well give 110%.
remember those marks were rounded up to 50, so maybe someone really got 49.5 and the other got 49.6. or something .

G

gaoOO

miss-smexy said:
All BOS marks are aligned from raw marks. Two people that get 99 could have raw marks with a minute difference.

Take 4 unit maths for example- the raw marks are pretty spread out but they get compressed into a small mark range by BOS.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
miss-smexy said:
Another reason he didn't top the state was because he didn't come first internally. Someone else came first internally, but in the external exam, he aced it and came first.
Apparently for extension courses they take into account the performance in the corresponding 2 unit course as well. So I guess in the case of History Extension, if two students who have the same mark in History Extension then they look at their performance in Modern/Ancient History. So that also could have been a factor.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)