Rank vs Class Average (1 Viewer)

aurel

HSC
I'm confused on something...in prelim, last term, i was in the top 3 for most of my subjects (5 out of 7), but the class averages were quite low. For example, in 2-unit Maths yearly exam, i got 74% = 3rd, but the class average was a fail. If this happens in the HSC, how much will my mark/rank be affected? Is it only if u come 1st that your mark/rank isn't affected?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
This shouldn't happen in the HSC, hopefully your year will pick up on the standard and the exam was probably harder. I got 91% in my 2u yearlies and came 4th lol. Rank is more important than your mark though. Rank determines how the scaling will affect you.

tennille

HSC
aurel said:
I'm confused on something...in prelim, last term, i was in the top 3 for most of my subjects (5 out of 7), but the class averages were quite low. For example, in 2-unit Maths yearly exam, i got 74% = 3rd, but the class average was a fail. If this happens in the HSC, how much will my mark/rank be affected? Is it only if u come 1st that your mark/rank isn't affected?

If this happened during the HSC, It shouldn't really affect you too much, if you are towards the top. So if you came 3rd in 2 unit maths, you'll receive the third highest HSC exam mark as your assessment mark. The chances are that it will be the top few students who will get the highest marks in the HSC exam. It mainly depends on how everyone performs in the HSC exams. Everyone may bomb out and then you may get a low result (but that's probably unlikely). Ad long as you try your best for the HSC exams, there shouldn't be any major problem.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
aurel said:
Your classmates are a failure that's why your rank is high.(i mean low, i mean.. high) because you beat them all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)