Ranking and atar (1 Viewer)

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello all :)I wanna know if i could reach my goal atar of, at the very least, 87 with these subjects (rank)Adv eng (not certain, top 20 out of around 120)Bio (top 5 out of 15)Chem (top 3 out of 10)Ext 1 math (top 4 out of 8)Ext 2 math (4 out of 4) :(Also my school was ranked 240th in 2010 if that helps.More info: exam resultsFor both math i got 50% (half yearly)Eng assessment 82%Chem assessment 86%

qrpw

HSC
Most of your subjects look fine, but maths might be a concern. I mean, I don't know if you just have 3 really good Ext 2 Math students, but a 50% for a test in a 240th ranked school isn't too great (which I'm assuming shouldn't be really really hard). Especially since you only do 10 units, so all 4U of math will count.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
I also do business but i only get 75-80% which i assume wont scale much. And the top mark in my 4u class is in the 70s.

enoilgam

HSC
Its difficult to tell how you will go in MX2, but at the moment you are looking ok for 87+.

criticalthinker

HSC
the best way to know whether you are reaching your estimate, is to go on site with an atar calculator, mainly because the data you have given, i cant really say whether or not you are the right track.
what i did was when i got my marks in my school reports, i used the online calculator to estimate what atar i am getting...
try this, so you can evaluate it first hand... hope this help

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there anything i can do to ensure, or be more confident, of getting my goal atar? I know i can motivate myself to do more study but i'm not really that kind of a person. Im more of a sprinter than a marathon runner when coming to preparing for exams and assessments.

enoilgam

HSC
the best way to know whether you are reaching your estimate, is to go on site with an atar calculator, mainly because the data you have given, i cant really say whether or not you are the right track.
what i did was when i got my marks in my school reports, i used the online calculator to estimate what atar i am getting...
try this, so you can evaluate it first hand... hope this help
Doing this will get you nowhere - raw internal marks are heavily moderated by BOS according to a cohorts external results. So in other words, raw internal marks are useless.

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm unmotivated. I think i just over procrastinate and think too negatively. I mean once i get a bad mark in one thing i go into this phase. I'm not struggling because i've top the class in a few times.

enoilgam

HSC
I'm unmotivated. I think i just over procrastinate and think too negatively. I mean once i get a bad mark in one thing i go into this phase. I'm not struggling because i've top the class in a few times.
This part of the HSC year is always tough, because the initial "OMG its the HSC" boost in motivation has worn off for most people. For me, the end of term one/term two was the most difficult period of the HSC (I know it sounds wierd, but I found trial time/final exam time to be slightly better). Most people who get high ATAR's will do badly in one or two assessments here and there, so try not to get demotivated by a couple of below expectations marks.

delian

HSC
N/A
Definitely try not to get demotivated by a few bad exams.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
My mate had slightly better ranks in a school ranked about 60ish and git 93 atar.. So if u pick up ur game a bit u can definitely even scrape a 90 but for now i'd say a 87-88

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)