ranking distance (1 Viewer)

warrior

Does the distance between each person in a subject get sent away as well. My teachers keep moderating stuff to bring everyone closer but isnt it better if im way out in front , so i dont have to rely on my school to have good marks from other people.

thanks for the help

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I think your marks are sent, and the board figures out your rank. I didn't think being way out in front mattered that much. :confused:

Benno

HSC
hmm ive heard somthing like this 2.. that if ur 7 marks in front with ur assessment mark u stay 7 marks ahead when they moderate ur mark..

Golani

differences do not matter, just your rank, and your schol sends your rank as well.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, the moderation process takes into account relative differences

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The marks directly reflect rank and relative differences, anyway.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If you're ranked first, it won't make a difference for you (except in the case of an illness/misadventure appeal).

If you're not, your teachers doing their little moderating trick is only a good thing if you're being pushed closer to the person who is ranked first.

Ultimately, though, it shouldn't make much difference, so long as your teachers are using valid statistical methods (which they should be).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)