Ranking if you're the only one in the class (1 Viewer)

MzRobinHood97

HSC
So in the HSC, I've heard that it's all about rankings. So, if you do Extension English 2 yet you are the only one in the class, what does that mean in terms of counting your 10 best units and rankings that contribute to your ATAR?

Thanks

photastic

HSC
It just means your final mark is determined solely by your performance. Therefore you cannot get dragged down or up as a consequence. In terms of whether it will count that will depend how well you do in your other subjects.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
So in the HSC, I've heard that it's all about rankings. So, if you do Extension English 2 yet you are the only one in the class, what does that mean in terms of counting your 10 best units and rankings that contribute to your ATAR?

Thanks
Who did you hear this from?

braintic

HSC
N/A

Thanks
As you seem to know absolutely nothing about the process, how about going to the BOSTES site and doing a bit of reading:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc/

(Who feeds people this crap about rankings?)

BombMacBomb

HSC
Uni Grad
Well all it means is that your assessment mark will be exactly the same as your examination mark, I believe...

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC

Thanks
Nothing to do with rankings. Since your the only one in the class your external mark will be exactly the same as your assessment mark. If you get 100 in the externals you'll get 100 assessment mark aswell, if you get a 70 in externals your assessment mark will be 70. I dunno where this misleading information about rankings comes from...

Last edited:

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
You come 1st and get the highest external mark for your class. Which is your external mark. Your assesment mark and your examination mark will be the same, so make sure that major work is qualitea

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Yeah I was in your place last year...

BombMacBomb is right, your hsc mark will be solely the actual mark you get in your hsc, no being pulled up or down based on ranking. So ultimately, you NEED to ace your HSC exam, nothing else is gonna come into play.

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do great :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)