Ranking (1 Viewer)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Im coming 8th/8th in ext 2 eng after all the assessments. I think i got something like 37/50 and the top girl got 46/50. Can I still get a band 6 or is my result going to be severly affected by my internal assessment. Can my internal mark be scaled up at all?

Eyetalian

miss-smexy

HSC
Not within the school.

But your school mark might be scaled up depending on how you do in the external assess.

I came overall 2/4 for ee2 - in every single assessment. Was so depressed! I bet my teacher was biased! -__-"

EE2 is too subjective >.<

chingu

HSC
my teacher for ext history is bias too :( i cant get to the top. im always stuck on number two (out of three ppl which makes it worse) as well. it does make one feel quite miserable considering how much work u noe u put in .

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
eyetalian said:
Im coming 8th/8th in ext 2 eng after all the assessments. I think i got something like 37/50 and the top girl got 46/50. Can I still get a band 6 or is my result going to be severly affected by my internal assessment. Can my internal mark be scaled up at all?

Eyetalian
If you get 45/50 (E4 band) as your external mark, bos then considers your internal mark and gives you an avergae - your result for ext 2 should be 41/50 - from there scaling will take place to determine your uai.

My rank is 2/8 -- by internal mark is 40/50. The girl who's ranked number one has 47/50 as her internal mark. Hopefully the lovely markers :) at BOS will give me a good external mark, hopefully

Jemily

HSC
First..........though I am the only one in the class if that has any bearing :p

Sooj

HSC
tanjin said:
If you get 45/50 (E4 band) as your external mark, bos then considers your internal mark and gives you an avergae - your result for ext 2 should be 41/50 - from there scaling will take place to determine your uai.
Whoo, I barely made it in.

41/50 for me in Internals.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Sooj said:
Whoo, I barely made it in.

41/50 for me in Internals.
What do u mean you barely made it in? :confused:

Your final result will be different then. If 41/50 is your internal and your external mark is 46/50 - your final result will be the average, which is 43.5/50.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
I'm second in my internal out of 3. Don't think I got a great internal mark. high 30s maybe. I'm so disappointed. But I think my major work might be able to make up for that.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Internal: 43.5/50, 1st/3.

External: quite frankly I'd be happy to see a thirty-something mark, considering what a dodgy job I've done. I'd be cut if it was under 35 but I'm preparing myself for it. 40-something would be nice too :) crossing my fingers.

ETA: Seriously, what the Christ. This post sounds obnoxious as all hell every time I look back at my major work sitting there on the computer screen =/ Let's just say, I'd be lucky with a 30, I think.

naughtymanolo

HSC
talk to me about bias teachers, out head teacher adores his own class, this year he takes all teh extention classes, guess which students rise to the top? all in his class. the only person that isnt is the girl who has come dux every year so he cant deny her! its so goddam unfair! and last year we had a differnt teach i came 2nd!

kewlu

Banned
HSC
naughtymanolo said:
talk to me about bias teachers, out head teacher adores his own class, this year he takes all teh extention classes, guess which students rise to the top? all in his class. the only person that isnt is the girl who has come dux every year so he cant deny her! its so goddam unfair! and last year we had a differnt teach i came 2nd!
That made no sense whatsoever.

chingu

HSC
it so does make sense! i understand you naughtymanolo.

i feel ur pain *CRIES*

but on the topic of coming 2 out of 3, does that mean when our marks get stretched out our marks will only be in teh low 40s/ 30s range?
i hate scaling.

cadylayne

HSC
I'm ranked 1/4 and my assessment mark came out at 47/50. Fairly pleased.

RiCkiE

HSC
I'm 4/4 and I got 41/50. I think it was proposal; I made a complete arse of myself there. Anyway i've got my fingers crossed for 40+. PLEASE GOD, PLEASE.

naughtymanolo

HSC
kewlu said:
That made no sense whatsoever.
lol, 3 days sans sleep makes me crazy lol! I assume people are in my head and read my mind lol! What happened was our teacher in Yr 11 (and 1st Term of Yr12) was really good i loved her. The way she taught wrked for me. So anyway the Head teacher takes over after she left, he was bias to his adv. english students (he allways is even in our younger grades, his class HAS to be #1!) so your screwed if ur not the lucky few clossen for his class. Since he took over both ext. my rank (and the unlucky student's) dropped concidereably! :confused: coincidence right :burn:

thanks chingu<!-- google_ad_section_end -->, i know I'm not insane.... yet lol <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3051155", true); </script>

JustinR1989

HSC
I came first in my school (49.5/50 overall) but it matters more the rank than the actual mark itself...also, internal is only 50% at the end of the day....I just hope externals went well...hmmm....

123erykb

HSC
what you guys are saying about ranking and internal and external marks is a bit misguided.

The internal mark that you received is irrelevant, your rank is all that matters. What happens is that they attribute the external mark to the corresponding rank as the internal mark. E.g. rank 3 gets 45/50 in the external, and rank 2 gets 40/50 in the external. Rank 2 will take rank 3's mark so... rank 2 will end up with 45 and rank 3 with 40, for their internal marks. However they will still retain their OWN external mark. Which means that rank 2 will get 45/50 for Internal and 40/50 for External, ther final mark will be the average of the two. This applies to all the marks.

This is the only way the BOS can give equal marks across the state, because otherwise some teachers could mark harder than others, resulting in lower marks for ultimately better students. This goes for all the subjects.

Hope that helps, and their are some circumstances were the original internal mark does come into consideration, but for these purposes they are irrelevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)