ranking .. (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sando said:
Does that mean that it is impossible for everyone to get in the 90's.

And that someone has to get a very low mark
Nope. Anyone can get in the 90s. You can do it. I can do it. ;)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
pLuvia said:
Everyone can get in the 90s for their HSC marks, but for the UAI it is a rank, i.e. if you get a UAI of 90, you beat 90% of the students
If there are 60000 students sitting the hsc, getting 90 means you beat 54000 students.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It also means you are in the top 10% of all the students doing the hsc.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Exam marks, assessment marks, raw marks, aligned marks, scaling, uais, ranks, bands, units,
..too complicated

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's all this scaling and aligning of marks that confuses me. :rolleyes:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Usually, your rank in Year 11 is a good indicator of how you'll go in Year 12, since work habits and levels of understanding tend not to change too much. However, nothing from Year 11 carries over - you start with a clean slate and everyone has the chance to completely change the way they go. Last to first, first to last, or no change at all - it's totally up to each student. :)

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree with insert-username. The results that you get from this term's assessments are also a good indicator of whether you've put enough work into it. If they really good, then keep it up. If they're not so good, then you know you need to work harder next year.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Year 11 results don't matter too much, as some people don't try as hard

But this term's assessments has some indication

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Year 11 assessments dont matter but it can give you a fair idea of your uai if you are consistent.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
Year 11 assessments dont matter but it can give you a fair idea of your uai if you are consistent.
Yes... that is true if you are consistently doing well in your subjects. However if you've been scoring poor marks throughout yr 11, you got some work to do.

Last edited:

richiie

HSC
Hmmm. It's all about stepping your game up i guess. Majority students are lazy, shouldn't be hard to beat them all.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
What worries me though isn't my personal rankings, but the ranking of my school. It's a comprehensive high school with a 330-360 rank I believe, with about 180 students in the grade. I can't shake the feeling that what I percieve as 'good' is only percieved as 'average' at some of the higher ranked schools because they're assessments are more difficult, and marked harder (whether or not this is the case I don't know, but it worries me anyway). I just don't know if my marks will carry me over the line so to say.

I liked it better when I only had to worry about my year group lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)