• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

rankings in 4U (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It is the main thing to matter, actually. Marks don't matter at all (though gaps do).

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
fahadmumtaz88 said:
How much does internal school rankings matter in HSC in all subjects and or 4unit?
In short
a) try to get the highest ranking possible
b) keep the gap between you and the guy in front of you as small as possible (unless you're first)

HayleeKate

HSC
Then CONGRATULATIONS: you're the first out of the 3 people in your class!

If you're first try as hard as possibly to make a big gap between you and the other two.. then after the last assessment.. tutor them to death until they're as good as you, and it'll boost your marks up too.. [same as if you're the first out of 25...??]

..:''ooo

HSC
hmm, but coming first out of 3 ppl, how can u call that a ranking
thats why i reckon hsc is stupid

Trev

stix
HSC
..:''ooo said:
I guess you'll find out your 'ranking' in the end once you've done the exam and been compared to the rest of the state then, huh?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
HayleeKate said:
Then CONGRATULATIONS: you're the first out of the 3 people in your class!

If you're first try as hard as possibly to make a big gap between you and the other two.. then after the last assessment.. tutor them to death until they're as good as you, and it'll boost your marks up too.. [same as if you're the first out of 25...??]
Only if they beat you in the final HSC exam though.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
..:''ooo said:
How else would you like to be ranked?
There are cases where there's only one student doing a course at a certain school...yay - automatic Rank #1 :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
If you're outright first the gap doesn't really matter unless others beat you in the external exam. And if you're outright first being dragged down by others in your school isn't much of a concern. Your HSC mark will be the main (if not only) influence on what your internal mark will be.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
What if it is a two horse race, between 1st and 2nd and 3rd is way behind? Then the external exam cannot be swapped between 1st and 2and if 2nd comes 1st in the exam? (If this makes sense)
Anyway i found out that a mark in the 80s for 4u (band E3) gives a UAI contribution of around 90 for 4U! wow!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
In short
a) try to get the highest ranking possible
b) keep the gap between you and the guy in front of you as small as possible (unless you're first)
in short and in response to all these bs questions all the time and all these uai predictions

don;t be so insecure, just do as well as you can in all your assessments and all your exams. period.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
gordo said:
in short and in response to all these bs questions all the time and all these uai predictions

don;t be so insecure, just do as well as you can in all your assessments and all your exams. period.
Yeah , that's it

just do the best u can

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
4U is scaled really cool, getting final mark of 70 wont affect your UAI badly at all, and if your coming 1st, 2nd or 3rd, what are worrying about? I'm coming about 35th out of 41, its all cool, take it easy...:)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
fahadmumtaz88 said:
How much does internal school rankings matter in HSC in all subjects and or 4unit?
Quite a lot, especially if you're aiming for mid 90s, as chances are even if you're ranked 2nd the best you can do for assessment mark will be 92ish, which will drag you down significantly.

pals_2005

HSC
i didnt read any of the other posts so ill answer the original question (sorry). Your rank is the only thing that matters. It doesnt matter what mark u get so long as ur no.1. Then when it comes to HSC day, the top ranked person gets the top HSC mark out of his school. SO if im ranked no. 1 and i get 50% for my hsc exam but the top is 100%, my internal course mark will be 100%, my hsc mark 50% and my course mark like 75%. Also, the people in your school have to do well, even the low ones, because on hsc day its ur 4u class vs other classes; so forget internal competition after that trial exam becasue it doesnt matter anymore. hope that helped...

shafqat

HSC
N/A
rank isnt the ONLY thing that matters. the gaps between students in school assessment marks also matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)