Ranks these uni's for Commerce and Economics. (1 Viewer)

patdowzer

HSC
Just wondering how these uni's rank in terms of economics and commerce.
UNSW, USYD, ANU, UTS, MQ

patdowzer

HSC
Trying to get a feel for which universities are the most employable/best learning experience in these fields

enoilgam

HSC
Trying to get a feel for which universities are the most employable/best learning experience in these fields
In terms of employability, all are around the same - the university you go to doesn't really matter for most jobs in the Commerce field. In terms of learning experience, Id go to the open days and look up the courses in more depth to get a feel for each uni. Go with the one you feel is best for you.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
In terms of employability, all are around the same - the university you go to doesn't really matter for most jobs in the Commerce field. In terms of learning experience, Id go to the open days and look up the courses in more depth to get a feel for each uni. Go with the one you feel is best for you.
Pretty sure there's a strong UNSW bias for any Commerce

enoilgam

HSC
Pretty sure there's a strong UNSW bias for any Commerce
Specious reasoning in my view. The reason UNSW and to a lesser extent USyd, UTS etc are highly represented in graduate programs is generally due to the fact that they have a higher calibre of students. Organisations dont really care where you went to uni outside of say Law and maybe MBB/IB.

Confound

HSC
Unsw and Unsw only. You never know, one day you may aim for mbb and bbib. Don't limit your opportunities.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Well its just my experience but WSU or UWS students that I've bumped into have been pretty hard working.

I've been to the UWS campuses in Parramatta, Campbelltown and Bankstown. Will say that Bankstown mucked around a lot especially in the library there, but there are some real good students there at UWS as well. Found the Campbelltown and Parramatta students to be really more attentive. Not having a go at WSU , facilities wise UNSW and USYD>>>>>> WSU. The big 2 have better alumni, bookshops, better library collection and being on the main campuses (close to the city) have a richer variety of social activities going on.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Specious reasoning in my view. The reason UNSW and to a lesser extent USyd, UTS etc are highly represented in graduate programs is generally due to the fact that they have a higher calibre of students. Organisations dont really care where you went to uni outside of say Law and maybe MBB/IB.
I don't disagree with this but I would also think that some companies/firms have stronger ties with certain universities due to the societies too... these shouldn't be underestimated.

Mathew587

HSC
Disagree unless you want to pursue like top-tier management consulting or investment banking.
My business teacher was talking about degrees, universities and future careers today and told us it's vital to attend a top uni for higher level finance. She used to work at Westpac or ANZ or something similar in HR and was told to only bother reading up resumes from Usyd and UNSW and "trash everthing else" :p
That really shows the effort you've got to put in for these jobs.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
My business teacher was talking about degrees, universities and future careers today and told us it's vital to attend a top uni for higher level finance. She used to work at Westpac or ANZ or something similar in HR and was told to only bother reading up resumes from Usyd and UNSW and "trash everthing else" :p
That really shows the effort you've got to put in for these jobs.
That sounds like bullshit. Big 4 aussie banks take a ton of uts and macquarie people and is not limited to usyd or unsw.

I've said is before as well on bos - if youre at either usyd or unsw, what matters is you for the top tier roles (mbb or ib). No, "unse commerce" doesnt have an edge given pretty much all of Mckinsey and bcg scholars are usyd comm/law people. Is it because of usyd? Probably not - they were guns and beat out the unsw kids with 95+ wams.

Stop spreading shit shadowdude.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
That sounds like bullshit. Big 4 aussie banks take a ton of uts and macquarie people and is not limited to usyd or unsw.

I've said is before as well on bos - if youre at either usyd or unsw, what matters is you for the top tier roles (mbb or ib). No, "unse commerce" doesnt have an edge given pretty much all of Mckinsey and bcg scholars are usyd comm/law people. Is it because of usyd? Probably not - they were guns and beat out the unsw kids with 95+ wams.

LMAO

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

lol

ok let's all live in la-la-land where every university is the same and equally talented people have an equal chance at any job regardless of what university they came from because obviously the teaching curriculums, teaching quality, general reputation, etc. at unsw and usyd is exactly the same calibre as uws or whatever

filagirl1

HSC
I'm currently taking up Commerce at UNSW. I'm worried w/ ACCT1501 & ECON1101 because my raw marks are 24/45 & 27/50 respectively. Can I still pass?

engineering

HSC
N/A
I'm currently taking up Commerce at UNSW. I'm worried w/ ACCT1501 & ECON1101 because my raw marks are 24/45 & 27/50 respectively. Can I still pass?
Assuming the pass criteria for those units is a raw total of 50 then exam scores of 26/55 and 23/50 will suffice. Perhaps you could look at the unit of study outline to see if there ae other pass criteria.

I trust the reason for you asking this question is more than mathematical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)