Ranks (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Hey guys.

I'm just wondering about the importance of ranks in influencing your UAI. I know this has probably been asked a million times on this site but I can't find it and I'm a little worried. I came 1st in 6 subjects and 2nd in the 7th subject, but I was pretty disappointed with how I went in the HSC exams themselves. And I'm not just being paranoid. I was aiming for a pretty high UAI and I just wanted to know whether it can be salvaged with really good internal ranks and marks, even if my exams let me down a fair bit? I know it's hard to say since the BOS has a big secret UAI society and no one really knows for sure how it all works, but any advice would be great.... :)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
gemita said:
Hey guys.

I'm just wondering about the importance of ranks in influencing your UAI. I know this has probably been asked a million times on this site but I can't find it and I'm a little worried. I came 1st in 6 subjects and 2nd in the 7th subject, but I was pretty disappointed with how I went in the HSC exams themselves. And I'm not just being paranoid. I was aiming for a pretty high UAI and I just wanted to know whether it can be salvaged with really good internal ranks and marks, even if my exams let me down a fair bit? I know it's hard to say since the BOS has a big secret UAI society and no one really knows for sure how it all works, but any advice would be great.... :)
ranks are important at school. if you were clearly in front in your subjects at school it may not be so good for you if you bombed out in the exams. although if someone else did extremely well in one of your course from your school in the hsc thats good and it wont be so bad for you eg

internal (you)1st 90, 2nd 78 external (you) 1st 82, 2nd 78

this might disadvantage you because youd get 82 moderated most likely and 82 as your exam mark giving you 82 final

although eg

internal (you) 1st 90, 2nd 78 external 1st 92, (you)2nd 82

youd get 92 as your moderated assessment which is good, but 82 for your exam mark. so 87 for your hsc mark. this is why your school is very important, but if you perform well yourself you arent greatly affected by you school.

but yeah it still helps having a good ranking at school. if the next people behind you were close behind and perform well thats is the best thing for you. but a really low exam mark would obviously affect you.

hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)