*rant* (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is anyone - ANYONE - not even started the HSC course yet? My science department SUCKS - we're not even halfway through Energy! My teacher is so bad I am now independent of him and teaching myself Energy. I just want to finish Prelim and move on! ><

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
LuthienAdrianna said:
Is anyone - ANYONE - not even started the HSC course yet? My science department SUCKS - we're not even halfway through Energy! My teacher is so bad I am now independent of him and teaching myself Energy. I just want to finish Prelim and move on! ><
Oh don't worry about it. :p Look at us! We have our Chemistry HSC in a few days!

Just because you're not learning it in class doesn't mean you can't do it at home. Grab yourself a textbook and read a couple of chapters each day. Read back every now and then to make sure you're taking it in. Just do it whenever you have spare time, and when you learn it in class, it's not as daunting or confusing. Trust me - it feels really good to move ahead. You feel like you have one less subject to stress about.

Seeing as you are in year 11, another piece of advice is - don't burn yourself out before the HSC. Keep yourself up-to-date but relaxed. Ranting at such an early stage is not a good sign. :p

(Move thread to general Chemistry forum? POM is HSC)

HSC
Whoops... how do I move a topic? I do about an hour of Chemistry a day at home, is that enough or should I be doing more?

Hehe, I love a good rant. Good luck in your HSC!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
LuthienAdrianna said:
Whoops... how do I move a topic? I do about an hour of Chemistry a day at home, is that enough or should I be doing more?

Hehe, I love a good rant. Good luck in your HSC!
Oh, that was for Nit or Ragerunner. (Congratulations, Nit. I'm seething with jealousy. :()

One hour sounds good as long as you're understanding what you learn in class. Use the syllabus well, and don't miss out on pracs!

Thanks, and good luck with the HSC course. ;)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I worked ahead of the rest of the class class for the whole Chemistry Prelim course because I couldn't stand going so slowly (relatively speaking). In a way, it really helped because I learnt things twice - once by myself, and once again when the rest of the class got to it. We're onto the HSC course now, and I'm starting to work ahead again. If you can, talk with a teacher about what you're doing and make sure you're staying on track. Like Dreamerish said, it's really good to move ahead if you can - I think I would have ended up slitting my wrists had I not done so for the Prelim, I was that bored.

Oh, and pay attention to the Energy chapter, especially the parts on alkanes and alkenes. Your first HSC topic is directly tied into those. Just because you work ahead is no reason not to be thorough. :)

I_F

Haku

though working ahead isn;t such a good idea. going at slow steady pace, do all the required stuff from syllabus and all the pracs is good. always make sure u understand it all and can link it back to the topic. but like seriously going ahead dun do much, ull prob go over the course in a day after u understand and done everything already.

HSC
insert-username said:
Oh, and pay attention to the Energy chapter, especially the parts on alkanes and alkenes. Your first HSC topic is directly tied into those. Just because you work ahead is no reason not to be thorough. :)
I_F
Yayness - I happen to actually like all the stuff about alkanes and alkenes. I am such a better teacher than my teacher. :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)