Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
boris said:
A simple means of contraception?

Where do you people get your sources and statistics from. We have one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates in the Western World. This trend alone demonstrates that those who are most frequently accused of having abortions (young people with lax views towards sex and contraception) are infact not. Infact it's grown women who already have children that make up quite a large portion of people opting to have abortions.

I'd also like to ask whether you anti abortionists think it's better to have a bucketload of unwanted children floating around if the number of abortions allowed was to decrease.
i think he was stating that it is so common that people are almost using it as contraception ( i know it isnt though) Abortions are so easily avaliable that i think people believe that if they do get pregnant they can just have an abortion

boris

Banned
HSC
I know there is no point trying to reason with you.

- The mother is 11.
- Raped by her uncle.
- You're asking them to put the lives of an unborn, unviable fetus over the longterm rights of a traumatised child. You're asking an 11 year old child to go through with a pregnancy and to give birth, at 11, to her uncles child. You then want this child to adopt out this other child, knowing full well that the 11 year old is going to live with this knowledge of an incetusous rape baby living somewhere in the world.

Seriously, I can't believe how deluded you people are.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
i think he was stating that it is so common that people are almost using it as contraception ( i know it isnt though) Abortions are so easily avaliable that i think people believe that if they do get pregnant they can just have an abortion
They're not so easily available. Do you know the process involved with being allowed to have an abortion? It's not like you can just rock up to an abortion clinic, spread yr legs and tell them to be done with it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
boris said:
I know there is no point trying to reason with you.

- The mother is 11.
- Raped by her uncle.
- You're asking them to put the lives of an unborn, unviable fetus over the longterm rights of a traumatised child. You're asking an 11 year old child to go through with a pregnancy and to give birth, at 11, to her uncles child. You then want this child to adopt out this other child, knowing full well that the 11 year old is going to live with this knowledge of an incetusous rape baby living somewhere in the world.

Seriously, I can't believe how deluded you people are.
and do you think that she would not feel guilty if she killed it or that wouldnt be on her mind, it is not the easy way out at all despite some people thinking that

boris said:
They're not so easily available. Do you know the process involved with being allowed to have an abortion? It's not like you can just rock up to an abortion clinic, spread yr legs and tell them to be done with it.
I was telling you my interpretation of what he said. they are still easier to get then what they used to be

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
and do you think that she would not feel guilty if she killed it or that wouldnt be on her mind, it is not the easy way out at all despite some people thinking that

I was telling you my interpretation of what he said. they are still easier to get then what they used to be
She's going to feel guilty, but I definitely believe in terms of helping her deal with it, not having this childs life on her mind will definitely be easier than going through with an incestuous pregnancy AT 11.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
boris said:
She's going to feel guilty, but I definitely believe in terms of helping her deal with it, not having this childs life on her mind will definitely be easier than going through with an incestuous pregnancy AT 11.
possibly but it depends on the person i still think it is wrong to have an abortion in any situation.

boris

Banned
HSC
And then you have to sit through a multitude of questions re: psychological health, physical health, family history, etc, followed by counselling.

I wonder what the turn away rate is, and how many people bulk at an abortion after going through the process.

Fuck fundies, I can't believe you guys honestly think an abortion is the easy way out.

It's probably easier to have 50 kids and let them live in squalor until DOCS finds them 16 years later.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
possibly but it depends on the person i still think it is wrong to have an abortion in any situation.
Well until you have been in any situation whether it's rape or an accidental pregnancy, you'll never know.
I've known some fundies to change their opinions drastically when faced with the prospect of an unwanted pregnancy.

boris

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Hey I just organise the referrals for the women, I don't counsel them.
Thats at the clinic man, once you get the referral and you get to the abortion clinic, theyre generally asked a shitload of questions before the procedure.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
boris said:
And then you have to sit through a multitude of questions re: psychological health, physical health, family history, etc, followed by counselling.

I wonder what the turn away rate is, and how many people bulk at an abortion after going through the process.

Fuck fundies, I can't believe you guys honestly think an abortion is the easy way out.

It's probably easier to have 50 kids and let them live in squalor until DOCS finds them 16 years later.
emytaylor164 said:
it is not the easy way out at all despite some people thinking that
i said it wasnt and you called me a fundie in your previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
i said it wasnt and you called me a fundie in your previous post.

obviously my parents dont think so, not funny considering i almost died as a child
Pretty funny.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
boris said:
Well until you have been in any situation whether it's rape or an accidental pregnancy, you'll never know.
I've known some fundies to change their opinions drastically when faced with the prospect of an unwanted pregnancy.
your right i will probably never know, it still does not change by opinion, it is a human life that should not be ended

HSC
abortion is a traumatic experience, yes.

a child going through an incest-rape pregnancy at 11 would be wholly traumatised by giving birth to a physical manifestation of her abuse.

and the baby who she gives birth to? if it got adopted out, it would probably go in search of the mother - in which case, the mother has to tell someone they were born of one of the most horrible acts imaginable.

imagine this:
20 years later, she has a young family, and has come to some kind of resolution of her trauma. the child turns up on her doorstep to find her biological mother - and the composure the mother has built over time is broken by the question "who was my father?"

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
I agree.
I think it might be a bit arrogant for me to say "I will never have an abortion".
At the moment , I cannot fathom having one...but you are right....until you are actually faced with a situation, i dont think anyone knows for CERTAIN how they will act.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
scaredytiger said:
abortion is a traumatic experience, yes.

a child going through an incest-rape pregnancy at 11 would be wholly traumatised by giving birth to a physical manifestation of her abuse.

and the baby who she gives birth to? if it got adopted out, it would probably go in search of the mother - in which case, the mother has to tell someone they were born of one of the most horrible acts imaginable.

imagine this:
20 years later, she has a young family, and has come to some kind of resolution of her trauma. the child turns up on her doorstep to find her biological mother - and the composure the mother has built over time is broken by the question "who was my father?"
I dont know how i would feel in that situation but i dont think an abortion would solve anything, it still happened the pain is still going to be there.

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I dont know how i would feel in that situation but i dont think an abortion would solve anything, it still happened the pain is still going to be there.
it would save a child from giving birth.
give her some semblance of a childhood back.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh, so her uncle violates her body and now we're going to not give a shit about whatever other rights her body has.

The fact that its incest should've shut up the christian/conservative kids here, but alas, no it hasn't.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm so positive that if your uncle raped you at 11, and you got pregnant out of it, 80% of you conservative types will get an abortion. That or kill yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)