rashomon (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hm i'm not sure if that's the right well of spelling it, but i'm wondering if any of youse have seen that movie. it's japanese (duh) black and white with subtitles, and it's got a really non-traditional narrative structure

i thought it was really really fucked up (the plot) but it was heaps interesting at the same time

is a roflcopter
HSC
sounds familiar

like some of that kurosawa dudes stuff

the narrative structure is like viewing the same event with different perspectives?

i think i was gona use it as an english supplementry text :p

jogloran

Kurosawa, 1950. I thought you knew about it :D http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042876/

It's based on a story by Akutagawa Ryunosuke. I tried to read it, but the thing's grammar is absolutely incomprehensible to me.

It could be used as a Telling the Truth module supplementary text for English, but that's another forum...

(By the way, Watch more Kurosawa)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yes kurosawa sounds familiar

i watched it for my comp lit course and thought it was appropriate for telling the truth too, yes

i really liked it cos the acting by that chick in the movie is quite erratic- she really plays her role well. i love the japanese people, they're such an interesting and fascinating bunch of people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)