• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rate my ranks so far (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Okay ill just put my final year 11 ones and my current ones (are different to sig)

Year 11

Standard English 3/56
Mathematics (Includes ext 1 and 2 ) 16/54
Business Studies 2/43
Legal Studies 3/14
Economics 3/12
IPT 6/25

Year 12

English (fucked up my oral because of my presentation but my teacher said my transcript was the best she has seen) 8/58
Mathematics 16/59 (Includes ext one and two)(
Business Studies =1/38
Economics =3/10
Legal Studies =1/13
IPT =9/24

How are they so far????? Are they good? My english one was bad because i fuckde up the oral, but she said my transcript is pretty much perfect. Maths everyone failed the test (including extension) so everyone is close together. Business i got the top mark for the essay but so did somenoe else, next mark is 2 marks down. Economics i came =3 with the second best mark (The two top are fucking beast). Legal i am owning because everyone who was decent left, i have highest mark by around 4 marks and IPT i have lost interest.

How are these ranks looking?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You still have heaps of time to improve, ranks will change heaps during the year especially during your trial period.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
True, i understand this.

But at the current moment are they fairly good?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Relax, they're good. Just try and keep improving maths/english (esp english).

Also just because those kids do ext/ext 2 doesn't mean crap. At my school heaps of 3/4 unit kids failed the 2 unit test and two 2 unit kids almost almost got full marks.
(wheither the kids who failed should even be doing 3/4 unit is another question)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yeah

I just said that ext is include beccause i only have the ranks with them in it.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
400's two years ago, but it should easily get in the 100's this year

We had a really bad cohort last year, but the one which just went is so much better. Also my cohort is probably the best the school has had (According to all my teachers my cohort is the best)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Hmm, that's a big jump, a very big one.

IPT, Maths and Eco needs work I suppose.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I will drop IPT soon even though i am in the top 5.

Trust me the difference between this years cohort and my cohort compared to 2010's one is huge.

Eco there is 1/2 mark difference and with maths there is a 3 mark difference from first.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
hey richard, shouldn't you be at work?
I ended at 2pm today haha

I will drop IPT soon even though i am in the top 5.

Trust me the difference between this years cohort and my cohort compared to 2010's one is huge.

Eco there is 1/2 mark difference and with maths there is a 3 mark difference from first.
I'll take your word for it.

Anyway, you know how much you need to work to get into that top rank so all the best.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Thanks.

I really wanted reassurance because i am quite annoyed i didn't het first in everything, but i see with all my subjects there is only a 1-2 mark difference from first with only about 10% done of each subject

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
What I found is that the top stayed the same throughout the year there were no drastic changes during the trials. This is because these earlier assessments might only be 15-20%, but they are out of say 25 or 30. This means if you beat someone by 3 marks in a 20% weight out of 30, you get a huge 2% lead on them. The trials might weigh 35+%, but are usually out of 100 (or 120 for 4u), so to gain a 2% lead you'd need to beat the person by someone like 7 marks, which is much more difficult than 3 marks. This is important, because it really only dawned upon me after the first few assessments.

With that said, I think those ranks are good and if you feel your school will be ranked higher then those ranks are a great start for your ATAR aim.

All the best!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^$#%@# I never looked at it like that. Ehhh a bit depressing

Those ranks are good, but you would probably want to improve them a bit to achieve your ATAR aim. You have plenty of time for that though.

Skeptyks

HSC
Relax, they're good. Just try and keep improving maths/english (esp english).

Also just because those kids do ext/ext 2 doesn't mean crap. At my school heaps of 3/4 unit kids failed the 2 unit test and two 2 unit kids almost almost got full marks.
(wheither the kids who failed should even be doing 3/4 unit is another question)
I don't understand how people that do extension 1/2 'fail' a 2u exam. Unless there is a unfair examination (using topics that have not been covered) there is no reason, they are just being way too lazy. Also the concepts in 2u are considerably easier in comparison to 3u and 4u e.g. graphing in 2u is pretty much covered in 3u as well. If they failed the 2u exam, I doubt they will be very successful in their others :pP

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I don't understand how people that do extension 1/2 'fail' a 2u exam. Unless there is a unfair examination (using topics that have not been covered) there is no reason, they are just being way too lazy. Also the concepts in 2u are considerably easier in comparison to 3u and 4u e.g. graphing in 2u is pretty much covered in 3u as well. If they failed the 2u exam, I doubt they will be very successful in their others :pP
Haha yeh most of them are as lazy as crap, which for 4U is bad. They should pick up after this though. (which sucks as at the top rankings it is a fking war zone)
Though, the risk of insulting almost 1/3 of my cohort there are way too many guys doing 3U for a school of our ranking. There're about 70 guys (heaps should drop after this) in a school which is barely top 100 (decent enough ranking but still).

Aysce

HSC
Never know, as above they may have become complacent. They probably just had the first bitter taste of a reality check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)