rate notes on BOS (1 Viewer)

|_wise_|

i think it would be very useful if you could rate notes out of 10...that way you would be able to get an idea of the quality of notes....you could also do it by note 'poster'....i.e. how useful notesfrom that person are....

also as subject areas become more crowded i think it might be very useful to seperate their content into 3 areas:
1. notes
2. past papers and trials
3. other ppl assessments

let me know what you think....i think it would greatly improve the usability of the site...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
i think your second idea is great
now if the admins are listening...

:D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Someone else emailed me about separating course content into modules and components, et cetera, and I think it would work really well - however, we'd probably need to devote a weekend to it, which none of us have right now. Soon, perhaps.

T

tactic

yeah we can do it when we have time..
well when i have time heh

lots of c0d3z0r1ng to be done

ben

Yeah PHP/MySQL web-stuff and organisation on web sites is usally a big pain in the arse to change!! :)

1. Rate Notes/Add comments
2. Sort into individual modules/options
3. Be able to sort lists by date added/author/rating etc.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You can already do the third - click on the name of the column you wish to sort by.

ben

Originally posted by Lazarus
You can already do the third - click on the name of the column you wish to sort by.
LOL! sorry - I'm sure you didn't have that feature before :D

T

tactic

add comments?
hmm would that really be needed?

i was thinking maybe a user rating system sorta thing.. but it would rely on the users coming back and voting on the notes they downloaded

but a lot of you peple are really lazy

ben

Originally posted by tactic
add comments?
hmm would that really be needed?

i was thinking maybe a user rating system sorta thing.. but it would rely on the users coming back and voting on the notes they downloaded

but a lot of you peple are really lazy
your right, i'm just lazy

|_wise_|

if you wanted to "sub-contract" different areas i would be more than happy to help out with some of my subjects.

e.g. i could sort SDD physics into
Exams
Notes
Assessments

then the notes and assessment into various modules...

and give you the structure....that way you only have to do the coding...only...heh....

anyways if you want a hand with anything just let us know..

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
That would be great if you could.

Do it the other way around, though. Sort them into modules/topics first (and we'll have a 'general' module for trials etc) and then we can simply sort them by type after that.

Email me. =) Thanks!!

jojo

I don't think you should have any rating of notes... it could discourage future notes. Also what's really good and brief for one person could be short and lacking of detail for another.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by jojo
I don't think you should have any rating of notes... it could discourage future notes. Also what's really good and brief for one person could be short and lacking of detail for another.
I totally agree with you! :D

I was gonna comment on it, but you beat me to it :mad:

But it's true, I don't think it'd be a very wise idea to rate users' notes. Think about it, people submit their notes because they want to help out, and to rate the quality of those notes... just doesn't sound like a very nice thing to do.

I liked |_wise_|'s second idea though :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
We're going to be rebuilding the site during the Christmas holidays to categorise the notes for each course by the modules it covers.

Unfortunately, that's going to be after you guys do your HSC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)