Rates question!! (1 Viewer)

ella-m

HSC
A lamp 6m directly above a straight path. A man 2m tall walks along the path away from the light at a constant speed of 1 m/s. At what speed is the end of his shadow moving along the path? At what speed is the length of his shadow increasing?

from fitzpatrick; ex 25 a) question 2

ella-m

HSC
lol I love teasing ppl on this site and not giving them the solutions

a^2 = b^2 +c^2 ring a bell? lol
fml but i need a solution, lmao
but yeaaa i know pythagoras' thm... but what does that have to do with anything :(
i got 2 similar triangles in my diagram but like 2 unknowns... i hate math

nrlwinner

HSC
I've attached my working to this question. Hope it helps. If you want help and to avoid these spammers, PM me.

Question.jpg

HSC
N/A
trust me, I knew how to solve it , just that I have made a vow to never help ppl on this site again and to be a big an asshole as possible, when I did help no on appreciated it so why bother helping u little punks again

jyu

HSC
sorry read the question wrong. 1.5 m/s is the speed of the end. so the speed the length is increasing is 1.5-1=0.5 m/s

jyu

HSC
Question
If the person walks towards the lamp, at what speed does the length change at the moment the person is directly under the lamp?

ella-m

HSC
trust me, I knew how to solve it , just that I have made a vow to never help ppl on this site again and to be a big an asshole as possible, when I did help no on appreciated it so why bother helping u little punks again
i think you need to see a psychologist

jyu

HSC
Love this site
Unlike others, here you can work/learn or play, you meet funny and serious ppl, a big melting pot

HSC
Uni Grad
far out bored of fail (2) stop trolling and teasing others who actually need help on maths...
i swear i remember you were better previously...

btw if you do help others and don't say crap about 'asian tryhards' then you will get more students to tutor :p

HSC
N/A
btw if you do help others and don't say crap about 'asian tryhards' then you will get more students to tutor :p
mate I did help others before , a year ago I had accounts with usernames

"random-1005" "random-1006", "hscmathstutor10" "Bored Of Fail" and the current one I am using , and I was always active on the maths forum with which ever account wasnt banned at the time, I have helped a fair few users over the past year or two

"hscishard", "ohexploitable" , "NewiJapper" ( even though I wasnt always the nicest with him I still helped him ) , "MrBrightSide" and NUMEROUS others, I cant list them all because I dont remember them all, in fact I have prob answered one of your questions before as well; and none of that got any replies/students for me to tutor. If that wasnt going to get replies/students NOTHING WAS, hence why I will now stop answering maths questions and tease people XD.

It seems that no matter what I do I will never get students of this site anyway ( even if I woke up tommorow a saint and never said anything about the tryhards on this site ever again I still wouldnt get anyone ) , so I might as well tease people while not getting students from here, and I will just have to look are local tutoring companies for students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)