Raves? is that like godspeed and utopia? (1 Viewer)

HELPMEIMFAILING

A friend of mine was telling me about Godspeed (on 27/11/04) and she was full boasting about how great is it "you should come you should come!" but I;m not 100% sure what its like? Who should you go with? Does anyone go there alot alot and could give me more info on it? Is it dangerous? Thanks! How do you feel after you've "popped" an E?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
raves is liek godspeed (bah where everyone is right now) and utopia

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yeah, Godspeed/Utopia are probably the two biggest raves in Sydney.

You should go if:
* you like the music (happy hardcore / breaks / gabber etc)
* you like the scene (scattered 16yos, people having fun, people who don't care what other people think)

Go with someone who has gone before who can show you around a bit. Unless your friends go straight you'll probably get hugged by them a lot before the end of the night :p Go to one of the big raves (Utopia / Godspeed / Two Tribes etc) and make sure you know how you're getting home (as my friend said, 'we left at 4 and the next train wasnt til 7!!')

Yeah raves are dangerous, but only so much as one of the big outdoor music events (like Big Day Out). There's security, there's a St Johns section, and people tend to look out for each other.. I prefer raving to clubbing by far ;)

and I dunno about E cause I go straight.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I don't think I could handle the shitness that is raving if I went straight.

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
e is apparently suppose 2 go lik this:

take it, and the first 10 mins or so u feel weird and strange, after that u start 2 get the affect of it, which is moving around alot, thinking everyone is ur friend and not caring wat ppl think, dancing around lik crazy, feeling good, sweating, etc..that could last for hours depending on certain cirumstances, after thats period is finished the cumdown period should approach which apparently lasts lik 20mins or so which is feeling weird and a bit ill feeling etc...insomnia, depression, difficultiy concentrating can occur the next day and may last for up 2 7 days!

ive neva taken e but many of my friends hav and they said this is exactly wat has happened..

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol my friend said that his jaw hurts after a pop

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
well.. those raves are the big ones... but not the true ones (i would classify those a more of a dance party then a rave)... i've grown up knowing raves to be like an hour our of syd, free and not really legal.. ?

everyone's experience on e is different.. there is the whole emotional and physical (as well as sexual) effect that goes along with it, and everyones comedown is different

dark`secrets.. maybe his gaw hurts cause he grinds his teeth without realising? chewing gum is his friend :p

concession

Respected Member
HSC
w00t!

rave.

loud fast repetitive music

people on drugs

'p.l.u.r'

kandi

random

messy mornings

but you will still go back

--------------------------------------

if your into the music,go. and you will continue too. if you "pop e" as you so word it, it will make it all the more enjoyable

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Any raves around Syd that play Acid Trance, Hard Acid Trance, Hard Trance and Psy/Goa Trance? Not a fan of the Nu-Nrg/Happy Hardcore/Anthem/Breakbeat stuff, seems like that is all they play these days.

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
All day outdoor psytrance festival on Bondi Beach

Summer Dreaming Festival

Date: Tue 28th Dec, 2004
Time: 10:00 am
Venue: Bondi Pavillion, Bondi Beach
City: Sydney
Cost: Standard $69+BF / VIP $62+BF

For this fifth Summer Dreaming Festival we bring you a once only experience guided and shaped by some of the planets most renowned musicians and visual artists. A distinctly Australian part of this global Earth-centered culture, set on Sydney's famous Bondi Beach. Summer Dreaming is our very own part of this global family, more than just a party it is our joining together dance celebration. A gathering of creative people who want to bring their Dreams of peace into reality.

For more details, check out the website

DJs:
Tsuyoshi Suzuki, Bansi (GMS), Taro, Luke Psywalker, Luna Orbit, Ozzy, No MSG, Jaimz, Dark Child, Luke Harland, Richie Jay, Eegor, Fiba Optix, Agent 23

Live Acts:
Space Cat, Absolum, Domestic, Space Tribe, Sun Control Species, Big Boys Toys

Tickets available from :
Here online at inthemix... Also online at http://www.summerdreaming.com.au

For more info check out:
http://www.summerdreaming.com.au

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i got invited to a free event near domestic. i didn't stick around or pop but i liked it. i doubt i can go all night, i guess you have to pop to enjoy it but the music's good. just you can't go out and come back in so i just left.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Atotoi said:
Is there any good event happening within the next few months?
I unfortunately missed Utopia & Godspeed :(
futuredome is this saturday
then the next big thing will be transmission red alert anthems which will be HUGE on the 12th of feb... both worth going to...
then the really big one TWO TRIBES march 5th i think..
meh so many good raves...so little time and money

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Lol... yeh, ive put most of my money away for books and a car if im lucky.
A Rave isnt @ the top of my priorities, despite what my mates tell me about "picking up" ...

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)