Raw English Marks (1 Viewer)

Heks12

Meeeeee
HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think a raw english mark of 80% would get aligned to.

thanks

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The aligning process is done afresh every year. As a result, a raw mark of 80 in 2003 may align differently to a raw mark of 80 in 2004.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It would change. Though typically, aligning would increase your marks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Aligning also takes into account the difficulty of the exam - harder papers result in higher aligning.

hatty

Banned
does that mean that yesterdays english AOS paper would be alligned DOWN (in the assumption that it was piss easy), or does that mean it will be alligned up, but not by much? or is that completely unknown to us ?

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
hatty said:
does that mean that yesterdays english AOS paper would be alligned DOWN (in the assumption that it was piss easy), or does that mean it will be alligned up, but not by much? or is that completely unknown to us ?
it's all based on the performance on the candidature.....we wont know untill they mark the papers

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
hatty said:
does that mean that yesterdays english AOS paper would be alligned DOWN (in the assumption that it was piss easy), or does that mean it will be alligned up, but not by much?
The latter would probably be the closest to the truth, but we don't know, because the Board refuses to release all raw band cut-offs.

Heks12

Meeeeee
HSC
well, does anyone have an estimate, maybe based on last years, or your opinion now, based on hard hard you found this years?

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
Heks12 said:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think a raw english mark of 80% would get aligned to.

thanks
it depends how everyone else goes, if u got 80% but were one of the worst marks in the state cos it was really easy, then u might get aligned down near 50 but on the other hand if u got first in the state with 80, then ud get aligned to high 90s or wateva they choose. this years english exam did seem slightly easier than the last several years so id say 73/105 wont get an aligned mark of 80, maybe 78... but either way they mark it every year so that the average mark is about 75% aligned. so if ur in the top half of the state u will get aligned up above 75...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)