raw mark 4 band 6... (1 Viewer)

Dave85

HSC
wat sort of raw mark do u think it would take 2 get a band 6??

Dave85

HSC
90 is brilliant! and plus trials are also harder and that was a raw mark. U'll go great. Thats an awesome mark. Congrats.

........Any other ideas on a mark to get a band 6??

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Last year the cutoff for band 6 in chemistry was a RAW mark of 81/100 in the HSC exam. Of course, that's only the HSC half, the school assessment part also contributes to your final band

Dave85

HSC
suvat... may i ask how you know that?? is ur source reliable? ...i didnt think they released them so i was expecting guesses from ppl. Thx tho coz im really interested in wat it takes to get that mark.

Jackson

My average for all my chem assessments including my prac assessment is 72%... if i want to get a band 6, wat RAW mark should i get in my HSC exam?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Dave85<------

I got it from an HSC marker, very reliable

Although in my trials I got screwed by my school's ultra stingy science department in one question cuz I put down what he taught me...

Jackson<-----

The external component depends how hard this year's HSC is and the internal depends on how well your school does as a whole in the external, so your 72% may either go up or down.

In terms of how they determine what mark corresponds to what band in the HSC exam the exam setters just sit down and determine how many marks a borderline student in each band should obtain in each question, then add up those marks. Eg a borderline band 6 student should have been able to get 14/15 in the multiple choice section in last year's hsc exam. Of course if you only got 12 or something you could still get band 6 by doing well in the other questions and getting the final mark of 81+/100

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
Last year the cutoff for band 6 in chemistry was a RAW mark of 81/100 in the HSC exam. Of course, that's only the HSC half, the school assessment part also contributes to your final band
that's pretty good, i always thought it was 90+

Dave85

HSC
As i said in the physics forum... its not as high as i wudve thought coz when i saw that only bout 8% of ppl were getting band 6 i assumed it'd be really high. I hav some motivation now! Thx 4 ur help ppl's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)