Raw mark and what band (1 Viewer)

Minnie Moo

HSC
N/A
I know the answers may depend on the year. But generally can someone please tell me the required raw mark for band 6 for the following:
Maths 2U
Maths 3U
English 2U
English 3U
Japanese
Chemistry
French

Please? TiA!

Minnie Moo

HSC
N/A
And
Japanese Continuers
French Continuers

I know the answers may depend on the year. But generally can someone please tell me the required raw mark for band 6 for the following:
Maths 2U
Maths 3U
English 2U
English 3U
Japanese
Chemistry
French

Please? TiA!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Not too sure about raw marks but check out my resources for French Continuers (currently 2). I'll be creating and uploading more when I have enough time.

I'm happy to help with French in case you need it :D

yanujw

HSC
So this may be a stupid question, but I always thought that Band 6 in any subject is a HSC mark of 90+%. Is this correct or incorrect? Or is there a difference between the raw mark referred to here and the HSC subject mark?

Qeru

HSC
So this may be a stupid question, but I always thought that Band 6 in any subject is a HSC mark of 90+%. Is this correct or incorrect? Or is there a difference between the raw mark referred to here and the HSC subject mark?
There is a complicated process the marks go through and there are many guides here on BOS you can look up, but basically your raw mark gets 'moderated,' to a moderated mark. For example those that are getting a final mark of 90 in 4U didn't really get a 90% raw in 4U and actually got around 70s.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This is correct.

The raw mark is the mark you really get in an exam (i.e. before alignment). You don't receive your raw mark unless you order it from NESA.

tito981

HSC
op remember that raw marks internally dont mean much, its just your rank respective to your cohort that matters, as we cant tell the difficulty/cohort strength/rank of your schools assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)