• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Raw mark fo band 6 (2 Viewers)

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
haha yea, I dont really get all of it- and the fact they keep it a secret doesnt help. All i know is that our raw marks arent our hsc marks, and they usually go up- and are then mabey scaled down (depending on subject)

Speculating kinda eases the suspence. lol

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
haha yea, I dont really get all of it- and the fact they keep it a secret doesnt help. All i know is that our raw marks arent our hsc marks, and they usually go up- and are then mabey scaled down (depending on subject)

Speculating kinda eases the suspence. lol
oOooo .. it just gets me super confused
haha
that's definately not a good thing during the HSC
>.<!
ahh well - no point stressin about it
we get what we get - even though it may not be what we want...

hmm - gosh *gasps* that sounds so pessimistic of me!

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
oOooo .. it just gets me super confused
haha
that's definately not a good thing during the HSC
>.<!
ahh well - no point stressin about it
we get what we get - even though it may not be what we want...

hmm - gosh *gasps* that sounds so pessimistic of me!
lol- it doesnt really matter what you get as long as you've done your best, so if you do your best there shouldnt be all that much stress, its over soon enough anyway..

haha, pessimism and realism are often similar- but with this hsc all we need is optimism.

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
lol- it doesnt really matter what you get as long as you've done your best, so if you do your best there shouldnt be all that much stress, its over soon enough anyway..

haha, pessimism and realism are often similar- but with this hsc all we need is optimism.
ahh yes - optimism - my most favouritest thing ever!
haha

hmm - gotta do my best - aiming to get into the top 5% of the state (but i suck in exams, so we'll see..)

aiight - it's over after friday - last exam physics
gosh though, this week = 3 exams .. talk about packed - too packed for my liking!
too bad i hardly get to study for ipt =|

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
ahh yes - optimism - my most favouritest thing ever!
haha

hmm - gotta do my best - aiming to get into the top 5% of the state (but i suck in exams, so we'll see..)

aiight - it's over after friday - last exam physics
gosh though, this week = 3 exams .. talk about packed - too packed for my liking!
too bad i hardly get to study for ipt =|
That sounds like a tough week, best of luck with all that...
I'm also aiming for top 5% and IPT is my only exam next week- but exams arent my strong point, however as long as you answer every question you'll be fine- that seems to work for me- except in english... lol

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
That sounds like a tough week, best of luck with all that...
I'm also aiming for top 5% and IPT is my only exam next week- but exams arent my strong point, however as long as you answer every question you'll be fine- that seems to work for me- except in english... lol
haha - thanks so much .. ima gonna need that luck stacks!

yep - top 5%, how much do ya reckon we're gonna need to achieve that LOL!
hmm - exams are the worst things ever, i LOVED assessments in comparison to exams!
farrout - every question gets me okay marks, thinking and answering gets me better marks .. but i get so nervous in exams!
mah it totally sucks how ipt is like an arvo exam!
*grrrrrr
.. well more time to study after extension on monday i suppose!

hmm
english is kinda sucky - there arent that many questions .. only in the AOS paper - but that's not too bad normally anway
=)

steelite

HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:

hmm - exams are the worst things ever, i LOVED assessments in comparison to exams!
farrout - every question gets me okay marks, thinking and answering gets me better marks .. but i get so nervous in exams!
=)
Nah, its good having IPT as an arvo exam, gives you more time to read through all your notes before hand and just keep going through all your notes and check out anything you dont know. Though l would rather have the test a bit earlier, say 12 cause l usually just want to get it over and done with.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:

*grrrrrr
.. well more time to study after extension on monday i suppose!

hmm
english is kinda sucky - there arent that many questions .. only in the AOS paper - but that's not too bad normally anway
=)
lol no problem. well according to last years statistics, 7% of the state recieved a band 6, so top 5% would prob be over 92 or 93 i guess, the average hsc mark in the state is a 73 so overall people dont do so well in this course- i guess cause alot of people just dont care about it... but a raw mark in the mid to high 80s should do it, mabey even less it depends on how well that state does..
I love assessment too, i barely did much classwork and just topped all but one assessment and that was the half yearly- lol i'd just get close to full marks on em- there so good!
I thought the exam was in the morning, now we've got the whole morning to look forward to it- lol

Ha, AOS was allright- i thought it was good how two of the texts were linked this year, but i'm just glad its finished, goodluck on extension.

HSC
N/A
steelite said:
Nah, its good having IPT as an arvo exam, gives you more time to read through all your notes before hand and just keep going through all your notes and check out anything you dont know. Though l would rather have the test a bit earlier, say 12 cause l usually just want to get it over and done with.
yeah - that's what i mean .. just because ALL my other exams are morning exams, i'm more into KNOWING what i need to write in them now (silly routine!)
hmmm
but i guess you're right - ipt in the arvo allows us to do that reallly last last min cramming
hmm

but like, that's like lunch time-ish naps -bwah! haha

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
yeah - that's what i mean .. just because ALL my other exams are morning exams, i'm more into KNOWING what i need to write in them now (silly routine!)
hmmm
but i guess you're right - ipt in the arvo allows us to do that reallly last last min cramming
hmm

but like, that's like lunch time-ish naps -bwah! haha
haha yea, just hope the paper isnt that boring!!
but more time to study is always good, until you've done enough and you just want it over with.

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
lol no problem. well according to last years statistics, 7% of the state recieved a band 6, so top 5% would prob be over 92 or 93 i guess, the average hsc mark in the state is a 73 so overall people dont do so well in this course- i guess cause alot of people just dont care about it... but a raw mark in the mid to high 80s should do it, mabey even less it depends on how well that state does..
I love assessment too, i barely did much classwork and just topped all but one assessment and that was the half yearly- lol i'd just get close to full marks on em- there so good!
I thought the exam was in the morning, now we've got the whole morning to look forward to it- lol

Ha, AOS was allright- i thought it was good how two of the texts were linked this year, but i'm just glad its finished, goodluck on extension.
ahh .. only 7% recieved band 6!
woahh!

let's hope the state goes crap
and we go awesome!
=P
ahahah .. that's wishful thinking!

AOS was awesome this year!!
wooooooo
*fingers crossed

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
haha yea, just hope the paper isnt that boring!!
but more time to study is always good, until you've done enough and you just want it over with.
ahahahah

toooo true

wayyyy too true

there are times when ipt is icky to look at!

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
ahahahah

toooo true

wayyyy too true

there are times when ipt is icky to look at!
haha- i know what ya mean! just some of those long questions with a predictable case study- its a good thing they try to come up with humorous names and such.

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
haha- i know what ya mean! just some of those long questions with a predictable case study- its a good thing they try to come up with humorous names and such.
it's especially funny when the name and persona resembles someone you know

thought they usu. dont describe the persona .. lol
but like once - the gaming people were named x and y - 2 people i know!

hmm

yes

cant wait till it's over!

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
it's especially funny when the name and persona resembles someone you know

thought they usu. dont describe the persona .. lol
but like once - the gaming people were named x and y - 2 people i know!

hmm

yes

cant wait till it's over!
haha, yea thats annoying- then the mind starts wondering and you lose time! *sigh* the people writing exams must think long and hard about those names...

HSC
N/A
skyrockets1530 said:
haha, yea thats annoying- then the mind starts wondering and you lose time! *sigh* the people writing exams must think long and hard about those names...
ohhh - do you think they do think lots about it
*ponders over whether the HSC markers delve into the meaning behind names prior to naming their examples*
LOL
hmmmm

gosh - i hate any kinda distraction in exams!
i sweeeeaaar - if i get distracted in the exam it's gonna screw me over so bad - like in the trial, i got full on distracted and at the end was writing hekticly when they were like "pens down" - thank gooooshhh i looked at the clock 5mins before the end - else i would have soo totally been stuffed!

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
ohhh - do you think they do think lots about it
*ponders over whether the HSC markers delve into the meaning behind names prior to naming their examples*
LOL
hmmmm

gosh - i hate any kinda distraction in exams!
i sweeeeaaar - if i get distracted in the exam it's gonna screw me over so bad - like in the trial, i got full on distracted and at the end was writing hekticly when they were like "pens down" - thank gooooshhh i looked at the clock 5mins before the end - else i would have soo totally been stuffed!
haha yea, i always wondered how much time they spent on coming up with names, but on the maths trial i couldnt stop thinking about ice cream cause of a question about the area or a sector and they drew it like an ice cream cone. lol - but distractions are so bad, but you cant help them sometimes.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
hey dude are u ever at bown or unsw lib i think ive seen u anway hows IPt study goin

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
th said:
hey dude are u ever at bown or unsw lib i think ive seen u anway hows IPt study goin
yea, i drop by bowen now and then- its not the best place for study, but i do most of my study at home anyway... IPT is good- i've made some good notes and just doing past papers now, How bout u?

7th Sign

HSC
steelite said:
From what the teacher on the HSC hotline said, for a Band 6 in Independent 2005, would require 84, though possibly a bit lower, l got 80 for Independent but some were just silly mistakes

yeha i got 84 in inderpendant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)