Raw Mark For Band 5 (1 Viewer)

Jackson

hey pplz my average for all my history assessments is 62% which is bad... if i want to get a band 5 for my HSC, what raw mark should i aim for in the HSC exam?

Yami

It is impossible to tell at this point. In each year, you are compared to the rest of the students studying the subject, and your raw marks scaled accordingly. Just do your best, and you may even end up with Band 6.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah I agree with Yami, I think it changes from year to year. Laz might have some idea though, perhaps ask him on the UAI board... just try your best!!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If you were ranked first, you would need to get 80-89. However, it depends on how the others are doing. It is not so much your raw assessment mark that matters as your rank. Your raw assessment mark virtually gets thrown out the window, it was only to get your rank. However, it does not sound like you are ranked first, in which case you want all of those ahead of you to be getting in the 90s or high 80s, and you will also have to get high 80s in the exam. This probably isn't likely if you got an assessment mark of 62. There is a big jump.

picaresque

HSC
There's no point in calculating marks like this, so I agree with poowee's sentiment if not their words. Just do your best in the exam - knowing the raw mark necessary for band 5 won't get you anywhere, but studying and practicing answering essay questions will.

Forget your relative marks and rank and just work on improving your performance.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
perhaps Jackson wishes to maximise their UAI by allocating time to whichever subjects they may acheive the highest in.

u gotta have goals..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)