raw mark for band 6? (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
i got an email from my teacher, she said the cut off for a band 6 is a raw, 91

but....
that seems to high : /
That does seem a bit too high. I'm not sure how your teacher would know.

I'm hoping the cutoff's down below 90 somewhere. I'm aiming for 97 raw, but I'll have to improve my essay writing quite a bit to do that.

verdades

HSC
My teacher said he's got no idea, that it basically depends on the course candidature.
Admittedly, going off the two Distance Ed classes going through Karabar, low-mid 80s would make sense.

absorber

HSC
i got an email from my teacher, she said the cut off for a band 6 is a raw, 91

but....
that seems to high : /
1. No-one's ever gotten any raw marks back, so we don't really know
2. It changes year to year naturally
3. There is absolutely no possibility it would align down (i.e. that's just wrong). Why? Because it already scales badly. Scaling is based off raw marks, and so if a subject scales poorly that's probably because it aligns generously. Ancient aligns up by 6 or more marks to a band 6 from raw, and yet it scales worse than legal.

kcrocks

HSC
My teacher (who is a HSC marker) told me the cut off is usually 89-90

bmn

HSC
I've been under the impression that legal was generally 88-90... Not sure why though.

HSC
hope the HSC markers are more generous than my legal teacher..man she marks harshly..she hates giving over 20/25 for an essay and never gives full marks for the longer crime question. She says it could always be better...

bmn

HSC
hope the HSC markers are more generous than my legal teacher..man she marks harshly..she hates giving over 20/25 for an essay and never gives full marks for the longer crime question. She says it could always be better...
Hard marking is a lot better then piss easy marking... At least you know where you can improve.

bmn

HSC
a girl in my year fluked a heaps good rank for legal in her first assessment and didn't do any more the whole year, getting misadventure for them all and getting an estimate of equal 2nd. last year she was less than middle of our group. she can do the same thing for HSC if she wants =/

ah well if you can beat the system i guess everyone would do it in that position so good luck to her.. and she is in my cohort so its not negatively affecting me (now) lol. but it was all year. all her friends were mad cut at her lolololol
I thought there was a limit to the amount of misadventure... Like, it was only allowed for a maximum of 40% of your internal mark or something? I'm not exactly sure how much, but at my school there was definitely a limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)