• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

raw marks and SAM (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
Hey everyone

by typing in your raw marks into sam and not the aligned ones does it make an effect on your UAI???

if it does how do you make an estimation on your aligned marks?

thanks

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You certainly do not input raw marks into SAM.

Your meant to estimate your aligned marks and put that in. However at this stage it is very difficult to estimate them. Wait until after your trial exams before you try anything serious.

mack

Banned
HSC
Raw marks do not go in. People at my school have been putting in raw marks and getting UAI predictions in the 50s and have been shocked, even though were a top 20 selective school. At this stage i think using SAM is impossible.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by mack
Raw marks do not go in. People at my school have been putting in raw marks and getting UAI predictions in the 50s and have been shocked, even though were a top 20 selective school. At this stage i think using SAM is impossible.
not impossible, you just have to judge how you would stack up against the state.

mack

Banned
HSC
The UAI is a rank. It is not a mark of any kind(though it is comprised of scaled marks). Too many people go around thinking the UAI is an average of raw marks. Im not sure about this, but i think its around 40 students in the state are on each .05 increment, with around 20 getting 100.00 each year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)