Raw marks article on SMH--go Laz! (1 Viewer)

Yogeesan

LOL....i got the shyte, that the guy in the article got. In the letter I received, Mr Lambrini Tsipidis (FOI Co-ordinator) states "the decision maker (Mr David Murphy Director of Corporate Servies) has formed the view that granting you access to this information will assist in the determination and then public disclose of the HSC ct scores separating the bands on the performance scale for 2004 HSC."

Furthermore the letter adds "If you are dissatisfied with this decision......your request would need to be in writing and accompanied by $40.00" LOL...is this a money making scheme...wtf is goin on!!!

My question is why has the Board of Studies suddenly chucked a back-flip and rejected the applications of seemingly many students, when other students some who are members on this forum were able to get their raw marks?

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
As part of the new HSC the Board of Studies distributes "Standards Packages" that give schools samples of work "typical of students at the borderlines". One sample essay from the 2001 advanced English paper is a 64-word response to a question with 40 minutes allocated to it.

Dr Nelson said: "I challenge anybody with an open mind who is literate to read this and then tell me with a straight face this is a minimum passing standard."'
bwahaha! thats hilarity at its best!

I don't really understand why brendan nelson would say that though...if he believes that the marking standards are too easy shouldn't he be the one responsible for that, being the education minister (well obviously he doesn't mark the exams, but still)?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Brendan Nelson is the Federal Education Minister, not the State Education Minister. :)

The former is Liberal, the latter is Labor. They don't really get along.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Pointless post: That's a pretty sexy avatar, James ;)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
Brendan Nelson is the Federal Education Minister, not the State Education Minister. :)

Though Nelson was a Labor member for 20 years :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
ROFL moonlightsonata
that's such a funny photo xD

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
It seems as though The Board has developed an evil image. They're so secretive.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
however, wouldn't the standard have risen? according to SAM, it would have risen, or in other words, harder to get a higher uai, therefore each chert is getting better.

i was surprised as well. according to legal studies, isn't anyone allowed freedom to information as part of our constitution. i can't remember the exact section. however, i don't think the releasing of raw marks would jeopardise the safety of Australia, nor would it be some sort of military evidence

unless of course laz has built some secret force with SAM, known as the LA :p

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Lazarus said:

Ahh touche, that would explain it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)