• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raw marks for s1 s2 s3? (1 Viewer)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
So. Hows everyone going in their UMAT practice? What are you guys averaging?

I think I need to improve on my s2, I average about 26/36.

untouchablecuz

HSC
s1: usually averaging 25-30/44 (is that bad?)

s2: 27-30/36 (is that good?)

s3: dont ask, i keep avoiding it :(

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
s1: usually averaging 25-30/44 (is that bad?)

s2: 27-30/36 (is that good?)

s3: dont ask, i keep avoiding it :(

Your s1 is pretty solid. Your s2 is good in my opinion. I dont know how everyone does it. I cannot score over 30s or even late 20s for s2

untouchablecuz

HSC
ive only done volume 1 of acer and no prep course (ive done 5 F2F papers, from friends)

<3 s2. its so easy

hollaholla

HSC
Section 2 = i like.
section 1 = i hate ...its confusing.
section 3 = i find Ok.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
depending on how f2f exams compare to medentry exams. if those were for medentry, then i would say s1=average (50 percentile) and s2=slightly above (60 percentile). thats what i would be guessing. of course it can very a lot. but those are a rough guide when i did them.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
depending on how f2f exams compare to medentry exams. if those were for medentry, then i would say s1=average (50 percentile) and s2=slightly above (60 percentile). thats what i would be guessing. of course it can very a lot. but those are a rough guide when i did them.

From some blogs, ive seen medentry exams are generally harder than f2f. But I dont know how you would convert a medentry percentile to an actual umat percentile. Apparently around a 60th percentile in medentry is 90+ for the actual UMAT.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i dont think 60% equates to 90% on the actual umat. im guessing maybe 80. it would be higher, but not that high. they exaggerate it, understandably.
however, imo as you get near the top end. the difference is quite minimal. e.g. 85-->90 95-->97 etc.

the scores i gave before were just for medentry in general not for the actual umat. for the actual umat, it changes considerably from year to year based upon difficulty.

freq707

HSC
so...how does F2F test compare to medentry, just coz im trying to hard to get an idea of how i compare..i know don compare to other ppl, im just curious

ive been getting
30-33/44 for sec 1,
27-28/36 for sec 2
and i just got like 22/30 for sec 3 :|

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
i dont think 60% equates to 90% on the actual umat. im guessing maybe 80. it would be higher, but not that high. they exaggerate it, understandably.
however, imo as you get near the top end. the difference is quite minimal. e.g. 85-->90 95-->97 etc.

the scores i gave before were just for medentry in general not for the actual umat. for the actual umat, it changes considerably from year to year based upon difficulty.
Well maybe it is exagerated a little, but the difference is not as minimal as you said. You have to take into account that for every person in prep course, there are about 4 other people who have had no prep. If you look at it in those terms, its quite possible...

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
its certainly possible for the lower scores, but what im saying is that its not possible for the higher scores. scoring 90 at medentry wont mean u will get 100. at the top end in the actual umat, a lot comes down to luck. e.g. you may waste all ur time on a "test" question, you could correctly guess a high mark question (huge boost to ur score) or you could waste time on a low mark question. medentry exams dont account for these things.

on a side note, keep in mind that theres only so far prep can take you. you can increase ur score up to a certain point where it is then limited by your own ability/IQ/EQ. its similar to running. when you are just starting, you may run a race in 20 seconds. you train and the next day you can do it in 15. then 13, then 12, then 11.5 11.3 etc etc. when you are reaching ur peak performance, the improvement diminishes each time.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
its certainly possible for the lower scores, but what im saying is that its not possible for the higher scores. scoring 90 at medentry wont mean u will get 100. at the top end in the actual umat, a lot comes down to luck. e.g. you may waste all ur time on a "test" question, you could correctly guess a high mark question (huge boost to ur score) or you could waste time on a low mark question. medentry exams dont account for these things.

on a side note, keep in mind that theres only so far prep can take you. you can increase ur score up to a certain point where it is then limited by your own ability/IQ/EQ. its similar to running. when you are just starting, you may run a race in 20 seconds. you train and the next day you can do it in 15. then 13, then 12, then 11.5 11.3 etc etc. when you are reaching ur peak performance, the improvement diminishes each time.

Yer your right it does peak and percentiles dont change much when your up there. Especially when your up against the best, theres not much room for a boost.

Btw. What kind of Umat + ATAR are monash looking at? I've heard it has one of if not the best medical facilities in Australia?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
lol heres a quote direct from the monash website:

"The University also recorded its highest ever number of 99.95 or “perfect score” applicants considered for admission. There were more than 60 of these applicants – with 41 applying for the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery program in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. This year, 2055 students put down the MBBS as their first choice, compared to 1029 in 2008." Medicine doubles its first preference applications as school leavers prefer Monash

considering monash is now the only undergrad med school in victoria and only take 200 domestic students, the competition is tough.

they pretty much doubled their intake after UMelb removed their undergrad. the number of people with ATARs/UAIs/ENTERs of 99+ is huge. i along with everyone else still dont know how they select applicants. however, dont be alarmed, i do know a few people who got 96/97 and made it in.

in terms of medical facilities, its not much different to others. its not brand spankin new or anything like that. but whats actually special is its medical course. their website is a great source if u want to investigate further. but every medical course has its own unique features, so make up ur own mind and find one that suits your learning style best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)