• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raw marks question (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
im speaking on behalf of leg and bus people
ik they double mark bus internally at our school (well at least thats what they tell us). i really hope they do it for hsc. i mean even if they don't, ig its a bit less accurate, but it doesn't necessarily advantage anyone specific, it just comes down to chance sorta

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
ik they double mark bus internally at our school (well at least thats what they tell us). i really hope they do it for hsc. i mean even if they don't, ig its a bit less accurate, but it doesn't necessarily advantage anyone specific, it just comes down to chance sorta
nah in the acc hsc tho they don't mark twice, except for the standard references at the beginning

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
what are the 'standard references'

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
like the teachers get together at the beginning and mark sample answers according to a specific criteria to train themselves to mark similarly to each other. so that way, if one teacher marks it a 3/8 and another marks it 7/8, its best to address this discrepancy in marking before marking actual hsc responses from that year. that way when the teachers get to the real marking, they're all on the same page and one marker isn't more 'lenient' or 'harsher' than another

raspberriesandpears

HSC
but then for subjects like legal, eco and business, it never gets double marked. only one marker
as a clown that does legal, i've been told from a senior marker that all essays get marked twice (crime, option 1, option 2)
the only sections that don't are the multiple choice (obviously) and the human rights short answers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)