Raw Marks... (1 Viewer)

monique66

Okay, i'm sorry if this has already been done but hey... :rolleyes:
Okay, so how does the marking for this subject work. I understand that 50% of the marks are internal and 50% of the marks are external but how do my internal and external marks get scaled. For instance, if i lose (hypothetically) 5 marks in total for my internal assessment does that mean my internal mark will be 45/50 or is that subject to scaling as well? I mean i recognise that my final mark will be a combination between the two but how do they work individually as a process? Sorry, if that was vague, i tried to make it make sense...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I am *guessing* that is moderated, as compared to how your classmates go and how you do externally just like everything else. I don't see how else it would work...

monique66

hmm...just wondering cause i think it would be nearly close to impossible to get full marks in both...i mean do ppl that get 50/50 get full marks for everything?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Um...there *are* people who get those kind of marks...but I think if you got 50/50 for your external and your internal was like 1 mark off that or vice versa, then you'd be pulled up to 50, but thats just guess work

monique66

Oh crap, no fair! My school have REALLY hard markers. I haven't got full marks for one assessment yet! *faints* Crapola...how am i meant to compete *curls herself into a ball* My teacher told me that some people last year got 8/15 and still ended up with an E4...it makes no sense. Whoever made this whole scaling thing should demystify it all! What's the secret?

David_O

HSC
N/A
If you get 50 in external and get ranked 1st in internal, your marks for both will be 50.
Happy?

David_O

HSC
N/A
Who cares about marks? Showcase is all that matters =p

We can always hope, I guess...

monique66

Yeah but you don't get into the showcase with <50 anyhow. Have you got the 03 or 04 showcases? a couple of people from my school got in. They were REALLY good...one was called 'Sheba's memory' its really good but hard to get through the other one i can't remember the name of but it was an animated video- good stuff! I reckon it would be so cool to get in the showcase, the stuff that gets in there is tops.

David_O

HSC
N/A
You can theoretically get into showcase with a dodgy internal mark and 50 in external...
I really liked the animated cartoon in '04 (well I did the first two times I watched it).

monique66

hehe...apparently she screwed up her vivas coz she didn't like talking much but her MW was brilliant (or so my teacher said)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well i'm coming first in EE2 im 78/80 so far, so basically does that mean my destiny is in my own hands. If I get the highest external mark from my school, that will also be my intenral mark, and when they are combined thats my HSC mark and even if I don't get the highest external mark, that mark will become my internal mark combined with my own external.

stamos

sellout
HSC
there are like a zillion threads on how marks are moderated in the technical arcarna section

your raw marks only matter insofar as they decide the ranks and the distance between 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc at your school

they use all that to moderate your schools exam marks and spit out your personal assessment mark

therefore, if you got 1st with a raw mark of 45 assessment and someone in your class gets 50, your assessment mark will be fifty

and if you get 45 raw with a rank of third, and the third best exam mark that your school gets is approximately 2/50, you will get an assessment of something in the vicinity of 2/50 (but probably higher because the standard deviation of the marks will be different)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)