RAW SCHOOL MARKS FOr CHEM (1 Viewer)

Vinniejaa

HEY, could someone whose finished or doing their HSC tell me what raw marks at school could get them around 94 for CHEM scaled and put them top 1% of the state.
THNX

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wrong forum, this should be in one of the hsc discussion ones or hsc guidance. No-one knows what 94 scaled to this year. And the raw mark would be different from school to school.

Idyll

HSC
attempting to predict your aligned marks is like trying to predict whether you're going to have a car accident every time you get in the car to drive it. it's not worth your time, which could be better spent trying to improve the outcome.

it's hard to find out exactly how a paper is marked at the hsc marking centre (which generates the raw marks), which in turn makes those raw marks relatively meaningless. this in turn makes it hard to glean much information from the raw mark/aligned mark comparison, other than the fact you don't need a raw mark of 90 to get 90 aligned.

nevertheless, in the original spirit of the thread, i got 95% for my chem trial, and my hsc mark was 95, lol. not that this really means a lot.

seriously, don't worry about predicting your aligned marks, just focus on doing as well as you can do :)

alien

HSC
same here but 90 not 94 for the hsc
EDIT: noone actually got 94 at my school so i couldn't tell you. the highest was 90 (me :)) and my raw mark would have been in the early 80s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)