Raw Scores for Bands in General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I am curious to know what the Raw score band marks for General maths at a school would be, if you were to get Bands 1,2,3,4,5,6 for General mathematics.

If anyone has a received a mark within these ranges , I would love to have a rough idea of how the mark breakdown is broken down.

Based on the limited information that I have from: http://rawmarks.info/wiki/General_Mathematics and a file that I have seen somewhere online of a person that uploaded their grades.

I am going to do a projection of what raw marks I think the Band grades are. (I can understand why Board of Studies or anyone would be reluctant to give information out)

Band 6 = 87% or better
Band 5 = 75-86%
Band 4 = 64-74%
Band 3 = 50-63%
Band 2 = 34-49%
Band 1 = 33% or lower

I am having a stab but I am pretty sure the Bands 4,5,6 are on the mark. I won't laugh at anyone that got marks below that threshold, I've always been a calculated guy and am doing it for my own research purposes.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I've been misleading a particular student by telling him all along that 72% would be a Band 5. So I think personally a 72% would be slightly below the requirements for a Band 5.

This is a kid that keeps saying to me "I want a band 6 " , "Im aiming for a high score"

Last edited:

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
+1 Also I would like past students who have sat General Maths in the past, that have done badly, done average, or done well to post their marks.

Actually, if you PM your marks I'd accept that as well. (if you prefer to keep it a low profile).

moe1351

HSC
so can a 74 go to a high 70 or will it remain 74 please reply thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)